Thoughts on campaign?

It always bugs me when people just completely forget about the campaign and only focus on multiplayer. Infinity Ward's campaigns for Call Of Duty are usually very fun. So, you multiplayer only guys are missing out.

With that said, I haven't started playing Ghosts yet (too many games to play!) and was wondering what everyone thought about the campaign. I heard the story is good but like usual, very short. Is it as short as Battlefield 4's? Which was like 6 hours.

Please, use spoiler tags for the people who haven't played it yet like me.

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I finished the story last night and I thought it was brilliant!

The ending had the expected cliffhanger but they pulled it off in a smart way. I thoroughly enjoyed the campaign, every mission was brilliant and I plan on playing through it again at some point.

EDIT for the peeps who won't play the game. Major ending spoiler ahead!!!

Your character gets dragged away by the antogonist so you can be brainwashed like him. Doesn't sound that interesting unless you've followed the story though.

8mSoOel.png

I would be perfectly happy if they only made a multiplayer version you could buy. I haven't finished a campaign for CoD since MW2 and that was because my internet sucked balls. I have played about 20 min of the campaign and its still the same cookie cutter stuff. Go here,do this. Gets boring after a while

It's a very typical Call of Duty campaign with spectacular scripted set-pieces and linear gameplay.  The AI seems worse on Ghosts than in previous games and the missions are much shorter and easier.  The story really does make up for it this time though and the narrative is more easier to follow with a better and meaningful relationship between characters.

You cannot beat the COD 4 Modern Warfare campaign though; sure it has the habits that have been present in the recent ones but the backdrop and story along with the characters in that were inspiring.