Theater Absence and Elite

J4MES OX4D

Does anyone know why theater mode was removed? I had no idea they were omitting it for Ghosts and it's a real shame because I don't have any capture hardware and it's made looking out for hackers pretty tricky.  I'm on PC so I usually swear by such a function.  Also why hasn't Elite been updated - have they canned that also? I'm not too bothered about this but it just seems along with theater, a step backwards from what we've seen in recent years.

Elite isn't being used with Ghosts.  There's a new app specifically for Ghosts.  I'm not sure of the reasons for Theater mode, but a lot of people seem to think it was some of the reason for all the lag in the past few games.  

5abdbe250c715_RespectAll-FearNone.png.9bc1a4f0d1cdab1c7e67e48baf8275b4.png.63941b93d8c1d7bc3f9ca9f365076c45.png

Was that ever actually confirmed or admitted to?  I've only heard speculation.  

I don't think it was ever confirmed and in all honesty I can't see that being the reason as the host is the only person affected as his data is being captured yet how many hosts had advantage...

I can see general server storage being an issue and perhaps a reason for it being removed - everyone had about 100 matches at a time stored and if 10 million played in a day; that's a whole lot of data to retain. 

They'll never confirm it but look at ghosts. The only lag present is when it's a bad host.

Black ops 1 was when lag started being a nuisance. Wasn't too bad but all games after were terrible. Now it's gone and everything runs smooth.

Sure in mw3, they had the option to turn of recording and it always helped me with connection.

8mSoOel.png