What did you think about the campaign for Battlefield 4?

OnceAgainYoungFitzpatrick

Just finished the campaign today. It's obvious they don't spend a lot of money and their resources towards the campaign. It was probably the shortest campaign I've ever played. I played it on easy and will take you about 5-6 hours to beat it. There are only seven missions, so be prepared for a short experience.

Just like Battlefield 3, I encounted quite a few glitches. One time I was climbing a ladder and instead of climbing to the surface, I was shot straight into the sky and then flew back down and landing on the ground and obviously being killed. Another one was in the first mission and all three guys were under the playing ground waiting for me, and didn't come above the ground until they had to start moving. I always experience a lot of glitches in DICE games, while COD games always seem to have few to little glitches in their games (no, I'm not a COD fanboy, I always buy both COD and BF games). I didn't think the graphics were mind blowing either. To be honest, I always felt like COD looked a lot clearer and sharper than Battlefield games. Yes, Battlefield has the destruction and the bigger maps. But, I don't know, maybe it's the 60 FPS that makes COD look better. But, I always feel like Battlefield always looks so pixelated, if that's even the right word. If you look at the faces of the characters, they're not that great and you can see the pixels, which always kind of turns me off. I also felt like a lot of the game was too dark. I never like to mess around with the brightness and just like to stick with the default setting as I feel like that is what the developers suggest you should play as, but I was very tempted to raise the brightness.

All in all though, there was some cool cinematic moments, it was fun, never got boring or repetitive, which is probably because it was so short, so I'd probably give it a 7.5/8. Again though, the story was pretty weak, script was cheesy at some points and not very well written, did not like the character Hannah at all (no, I have nothing against women characters, but it was very hard to believe a small Asian woman could be fighting with you and killing all these guys, also just thought her lines were cheesy and lame) and definitely had some typical cliches.

What did you think of it?

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In this one you have to play the campaign if you want to unlock certain weapons. May as well be interesting if you are going to force people to grind the dam thing

better than forcing coop on people xD I suppose

I guess. I'll probably pay the $5 when the pack comes out instead :). 6 hours of my life is worth way more than $5 to have to suffer through that shit :)

Good idea. What weapons are they anyway. Im sure I can live without them haha

seems i'm the only one who actually enjoyed it.. it was short but fun, played it through on one night, last two or three missions didnt register with battlelog which is annoying but i didnt care too much.. there were several really enjoyable moments for me, and maybe one that was tedious..

seems i'm the only one who actually enjoyed it.. it was short but fun, played it through on one night, last two or three missions didnt register with battlelog which is annoying but i didnt care too much.. there were several really enjoyable moments for me, and maybe one that was tedious..

I really enjoyed it too. Didn't get any glitches and it was short yes. As said before there were some really nice cinematic moments and it was a nice introduction to FPS's for me on the PC.