Important Poll, Read this!

Sennex

10 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

This is shitty to write folks, and I am seriously upset about this.

Someone was a dick to Private_Parts, and I have no idea who it was. (It was not the person who's name was tossed around the server, I can state this as a fact, see below)

I have delved into the player Inventories, as well as the Server logs, and with the recent changes to how MC runs, there is no smoking gun here. There are a few suspicions, but I can't ban folks based on that.

So, our options are to continue playing how we are, with zero real logging, and then add it in as they are updated

or

I roll us back to the world I created for 1.6.4, with all the logging, and player protections in place and tested out.

Its up to you guys.

Edit

Additional Information:

Yes, you will lose your builds

yes, there will be a breakin period of a few days where we ensure that the plugins are working

yes, this is huge PITA

Yes, it could quite possibly be worth it

I will close the poll Thursday morning at 7am CST (GMT-6).

Luke 23:34
'And Jesus said, "Father, forgive them, for they don't think it be like it is, but it do."

I'm assuming it's a closed server, i.e., only forum members and invitees? If so, this is a really shitty thing to do to one of our own.

Yea, it is a closed server, and yea, its pretty flippin shitty

Sure I could give PP all his stuff back, but nothing stops it from happening again to someone else

'And Jesus said, "Father, forgive them, for they don't think it be like it is, but it do."

That's really shitty.  I'd rather stay with what we have and update it as it comes.  Shouldn't take that long before all the updates/modes/etc. are out, right?  

But, I'm not too far along though, so if we do roll back, I won't cry.  

5abdbe250c715_RespectAll-FearNone.png.9bc1a4f0d1cdab1c7e67e48baf8275b4.png.63941b93d8c1d7bc3f9ca9f365076c45.png

It could be up to 2-3 months before we have things updated.

Seriously, thats a basic time estimate, it could be longer, it could be shorter.

Oh wow... I was thinking a week or two.  Didn't realize it took that long.  I'm fine w/ rolling it back then if that's what people want.  This sucks to even have to discuss though really.  Damn, why can't people just not be dickheads?  

5abdbe250c715_RespectAll-FearNone.png.9bc1a4f0d1cdab1c7e67e48baf8275b4.png.63941b93d8c1d7bc3f9ca9f365076c45.png

I've spent ages on my house and mine as well as finding a horse I love. If it has to be done, it has to be done, however I really hope it doesn't come to restarting.

We all have spent about 5 days on our various places.

This poll is set up to ensure that assholes can't come in and destroy or take your stuff.

Ultimately I will leave it however, but think for a moment how pissed and hurt you would be if you logged in, and your chests were empty.

We currently have no way of knowing who swiped your stuff, or punishing the offender. Would you even keep playing on the server if you knew you couldnt' trust everyone?

Hell, I have zero desire to try to build something anymore. Whats to stop some jackhole from ripping me off, or covering my house in lava or something equally juvenile?

We all have spent about 5 days on our various places.

This poll is set up to ensure that assholes can't come in and destroy or take your stuff.

Ultimately I will leave it however, but think for a moment how pissed and hurt you would be if you logged in, and your chests were empty.

We currently have no way of knowing who swiped your stuff, or punishing the offender. Would you even keep playing on the server if you knew you couldnt' trust everyone?

Hell, I have zero desire to try to build something anymore. Whats to stop some jackhole from ripping me off, or covering my house in lava or something equally juvenile?

I completely understand, I was pissed off myself when Harrison told me. But 20 odd diamonds, a house (which I'll post pics of later), a horse with armour a farm etc took me forever. Would you be able to give me some building materials to start up again if we restarted? Maybe meet in the middle?

He should just put the names out there and go from there. If theres only a few it could be then it cant be that hard if they wont admit it

He says he has no idea if you read the OP. Plus it's proably unfair on those who are innocent to be unfairly accused. 

The more I think about it, I'd be fine with restarting if I could just get some stone wood and sand to start off.

please change your votes as your mind changes

Also, I don't have an issue sharing building resources at the start of the game, hell I gave Cal some enchants, and a few others as well. (Not to mention beds, steak, and other crap)

But, before I agree to doing that, I want to kick it up to Dave, its ultimately his server. While I don't think he will care, and while I know he is more pissed at this than I am, I still want to check.

please change your votes as your mind changes

Also, I don't have an issue sharing building resources at the start of the game, hell I gave Cal some enchants, and a few others as well. (Not to mention beds, steak, and other crap)

But, before I agree to doing that, I want to kick it up to Dave, its ultimately his server. While I don't think he will care, and while I know he is more pissed at this than I am, I still want to check.

Sounds good, my lazy ass didn't want to go digging and chopping again.

I did but surely if he has a few suspicions then he must have reason?

I dont mind starting again either, all ive had is 11 blocks of wood from trees I chopped down, but lost when I died to a spider. Will take me ages to get that back ;)

For transparency I will respond to this

Here is my list of suspects:

BO7H_B4RRELS

Cathalyte     

Clarkey1990

Dr_anthony     

Egotisti_Cal    

Harrisano

MCSpooze          

MrSpooze          

NextGenSnake

cirathorn              

jordie1892     

vegasnitesx

Seriously, at this point, from how the new MC version stores data, this is what I have to work with. Not trying to be a dick, but even the player.dat files are different. I can see that you have inventory, and how many items and if they are enchanted, but I can't tell you what those items specifically are.

The server log for chests is also radically different.

you didn't get he meaning of my post

I can see that you have inventory, and how many items and if they are enchanted, but I can't tell you what those items specifically are.

See the problem now?

you could have 12 blocks of wood, or 12 stacks of 64 blocks of stone, it looks the same to the .dat file because of how it is laid out.

I also cannot see world chests at all.

Therefore everyones name is on the list, including my own.