No more Random Weapon perks

Sennex

This is a quote from a Luke Smith interview (link below). What do we think this means:

I think there are opportunities to explore the other things in that space, but for us right now, the tuning path is pretty different this time. The weapons are all hand built in a way where, before, they had random talents– We can look at an entire archetype like hand cannons. And then we can look at data on usage rates for hand cannons, and sort usage rates, and then within usage rates, check [kill death ratios] per hand cannon and find out what is actually effective and what’s not. And then, because the weapons are all hand built, we can take a given hand cannon and say “let’s change this one hand cannon” rather than “let’s pave this entire archetype.” So we have opportunities in front of us that we haven’t had before because of the way we’ve built the weapons and hopefully we’ll seize those opportunities.

Article: http://www.playstationlifestyle.net/2017/06/26/destiny-2-interview-with-luke-smith-shaping-the-world/#/slide/1

I have no idea how to feel about this. It depends on how they do perk options. If its more akin to how things happen in Battlefield, then I am all for this. If its just a set grouping of perks, and thats that, then yea.......

Luke 23:34
'And Jesus said, "Father, forgive them, for they don't think it be like it is, but it do."

Yea, the interview was just the other day, and I think it was published yesterday

Still though, this could either be really amazing, or fucking horrible

I have always stated I wanted BF style weapon attachments (Perks) in this game, so I could customize a weapon platform how I wanted. If this does that, then it will be perfect

'And Jesus said, "Father, forgive them, for they don't think it be like it is, but it do."

Not sure about this either. Makes sense from an adjustment point of view if they need to tweak it but I just ain't sure there's going to be that much customisation. Maybe dropping the last gen consoles will allow them to hold more attachment perks.

Forum Signature Test.png

The more I read it looks like there will be mod slots for each gun but unsure what they will do and its almost certain they won't be here at launch.

I think they designed the guns early on in development to make it easier for them, without realising why people grind continually for the same gun.

I do get though that they have to fix this approach. I've never really wanted to grind as much as I did for a slightly better roll. I'd much rather drop the gun once and then modify.

Forum Signature Test.png

Looks like Bungie took all the "creative feedback" players gave them about fusion rifles, hand cannons, and AR's, personally :lol:

I really hoped I was wrong

Sadly, unless they come out with some form of Weapon Kiosk, or BF type attachment system, my want to play this version is just about dead