WotM Aksis challenge

Baabcat

So the Aksis challenge in the 390 version of WotM is tough, not as tough as Vosik in my opinion, but tough. Biggest problem is not killing Aksis, thats not too bad, but not failign the challenge along the way, and unlike the newly upgraded raids, WotM doesnt flag if you have failed challenge, Consequently i ahve killed Aksis 3 times this weekend, but completed challenge only once, and each time we thoguht we had done it

Hardest part is getting 6 people who know what to do and do it

The normal fight mechanics

On hard this is pretty tough but the routine is very similar to normal, only addition is you need 7 bombs instead of 3 to start the teleport routine. Here is the fight in full

1. spawn and shoot Aksis to start

2. hide from immune Aksis as he throws Siva around, but kill the many shanks that spawn

3. Aksis goes left anf right, but just keep killing adds

4. Aksis goes back to middle , 3 people get empowered and Captiains carrying void, null and solar cannons spawn

5. Kill the captains, 3 people take cannons and each have 3 servitors to kill, matching the colour of the cannon you have

6. Each killed servitor drops a bomb, non-cannon people throw bombs at Aksis, after 7 (not 9) bombs Aksis starts to teleport. Note no need to kill all 9 servitors, just enought to get Aksis moving

7. Aksis teleports to one of 4 locations, left, right, front mid and back mid

8. Empowered gaurdian jumos up and Stuns Aksis on the back, gives a miny damage phase. Empowerment shifts, 

9. Aksis teleports again to one of the other 3 possible locations, gaurdian stuns him, another minor damage phase, empowerment shifts

10. Aksis teleports again , gets stunned, major damage phase - Darkdrinker time!!!!!!

11. As soon as he goes back to his platform, all gaurdians need to run to one of the safe haven platforms just behind spawn, all need to go to the same one, as they disappear after use

12 Once the Siva dies down, do it all again. 2 or 3 damage phases showul send aksis back to his platform for final kill, bit like the end of the oryx fight

The challenge

Theres a hidden mechanic that helps the fight, called supercharge. Basically one of the empowered needs to hit one of three plates that light up just after Aksis teleports each time. Of course as empowerment has shifted this means you need to keep communicating and gettng the empowered in position to either stun aksis (as this still needs to happen), or hit the plate to super charge (gives all gaurdians their supers back). The challenge is to hit supercharge everytime the teleports. Needs to be just before, or very soon just after the stun. Miss a supercharge challenge failed

There is a slight complication to this which is why i have 3 Aksis kills this weekend but only 1 challenge completion. Not massively well understood but if you dont supercharge every teleport , and Aksis doesnt teleport three times per round , then challenge fails. Two implications;

1 common tactic after a good damage phase followed by a missed stun is to take a plate (ie survive the aksis swarm by going to one of the 4 plates), however if the missed stun is in one of the first 2 teleports of each round, then this will not save challenge, as he wont teleport three times 

2 if you do to much damage to him on a minor damage phase he will go to his platform for his final dearth, so not teleport three times, failed challenge

Both happended to me this weekend, both times with really experienced guys who knew this inside out, but werent totally sure about the 3 teleporrt rule

Hints and tips

1 I hate this challange as a warlock, jump is too slow and leads to missed stuns, at least for me

2 Loadout should be raid primary, ex-machina or high powered sniper, darkdrinker or rocket lancher

3 Three teams of two, one doing cannons, one doing bombs. If two people are empowered on the same side, cannon guy moves

4 kill shanks constantly, and kill captains quick, invisble hunter with sword is my go to for captian killing

5 middle is toughest captain as no cover, self res warlocks are useful but make sure they can jump well, as mid-empowered has to cover two teleport locations, fornt and back mid, so need to jump fast

6 communicate communicate communicate. Getting the empowered in position every teleport is a million times more important than doing damage during the minor damage phases. Hunters and titans can definetly go left to right in enough time to sort this out quickly, but get it sorted

7 you get your super 3 times a cycle at least, tether every time, super as much as you can, self res warlocks use your super in minor dmage phases to drop solar grenades on him

8 use all the cannons for damage, do loads

9 be clear when the seventh bomb is about to be thrown, most teams do 2 left, 2 right, 3 mid, with mid guy making sure empowered are on position before throwing

10 get good with cannons, easy to snipe all 3 servitors without moving , but get mobile if you are missing

Thats it. Its a great feeling getting this challange done as it takes a well oiled gaurdian machine to do it. No hiding places, and I swear Aksis always teleports where you have failed to put an empowered. True test of teamwork, and finding that team is tough going

Hope this helps anyone wnating to do this, it is a great feeling when it works

This looks like you need the most patient fireteam available. I'm absolutely up for it one day but lets focus on gettingbas many through WotM on normal then hard mode first. Hopefully we can do more raids this week coming and we can start learning to talk a little less!

Forum Signature Test.png

Lee you are right. Summary of this challenge is, if everyone knows exactly what they are doing and does it, it's a piece of piss. Only issue is the ' everyone knows what they are doing' bit , and learning it in normal is a big step forward