For Honor Boycott

GazzaGarratt

On the subreddit of For Honor there is a massive boycott preparing for Monday 3rd April 10am BST / 5am EDT. Players will not play For Honor for at least 24 hours and some will stay away longer until they get some answers.

Loads of players are fed up with the combination of shitty connection, lobby matchmaking which isn't working correctly, Peacemaker being OP for far too long...the list seems to go on. I can sympathise with the lobby system, that is real shit for me.

The community pressure seems to have paid off though, Ubisoft have a stream now set up to address priority things, 1pm EDT / 6pm BST.

Good on them. There's enough games to play whilst they wait for some action and ETA from Ubisoft.

1738681878_Justinedinburghmemories.thumb

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It's Ubisoft, best of luck. The game dropped off well before this "boycott" anyhow.

I'm with you but its such a shame as there isn't another game out right now that can replicate the hack/slash element that well.

My half-full side of me says though, that at least Ubisoft are showing willing to put up what their plans are to improve the game ASAP. I really hope they get it right and hope the player base which is still there for the game will come back when it is more consistent in play.

People are really moronic to me about this. Don't boycot after you dropped 100.00 on the game. Ubisoft HAS A HISTORY of half assign video games and for the past two years terrible servers with Rainbow 6.

boycott by not buying the fucking game... this good faith stream will be just to tide the masses over.

i7 7700k, 16GB RAM, GEFORCE 1080, 240GB SSHD, 2TB SSD

People are really moronic to me about this. Don't boycot after you dropped 100.00 on the game. Ubisoft HAS A HISTORY of half assign video games and for the past two years terrible servers with Rainbow 6.
boycott by not buying the fucking game... this good faith stream will be just to tide the masses over.

I get you. They already have their money. Not playing on Monday won't change much, if anything at all.

It begs the question how should the community get Ubisoft to listen? A subreddit raising key issues is an approach that worked for some bits in Destiny.

Like what you said in a different thread about what Blizzard have, test servers must be the way to go going forward. Especially if you create games that you expect to last in the wider community for years to come.

Via the FG App

How do you get them to listen? Don't buy their next title.

I don't think many people don't buy games just because its Ubisoft though. Remember, most of us who discuss this stuff aren't the typical gamer. If they like the look of it, they'll buy it. The gamer market doesn't have much loyalty and principles if you ask me. Hopefully the sign of the times will show more iterative changes will happen rather than a game developed once and left exactly how it is. Gamers will always critique and want better.