Siege Academy Loadouts

The3rdWalker

While each operator is different from the next in terms of what special ability they bring to the table, I wanted to create this guide when looking at what weapons and equipment to use when starting a match.

Weapons

Primaries

On the attacking side, every operator has access to at least 1 rifle, some also have access to either another rifle, an SMG (Jackal) or a lmg/shotgun, certain attackers also have access to DMRs.

Attack

DMRs

The DMR has a funciton between a rifle and Glaz'z sniper. Use the DMR when you want to give ranged support, but also have the option of quickly moving into the building/objective. For example, say on House, there is a tree house that can see the entirety of the upper floors main hall, and into master bedroom. I like to run Buck with his DMR and clear the hallway for team mates and then enter through the breachable windows on that side of the house.

Rifle

This is and should be the standard pick for each operator. Most of your engagements will require a certain amount of range, and favors most playstyles, especially if you like to slowly approach the Objective or peek windows from a distance. It should be noted that the tradeoff with every rifle will be a direct relation to damage and recoil, i.e. high damage = higher recoil.

SMG

You should only use an SMG if available if you have an extremely aggressive playstyle and like to get to the objective as quick as possible and peek corners very quickly and from tight angles.

Shotguns

View your shotgun more of as a tool than to actually kill enemies outright, you should have a similar play style as taking an SMG but use your shotgun to open up new lines of sight for you and your team that the enemy will not be expecting

LMG

If you want to be loud and proud take this weapon and use it to flush enemies out of a spot. Spraying through walls and at cover creates noise that your team can use to move around the objective undetected and will definitely spook any defenders nearby.

Defense

Most operators use SMGs as they allow for versatility in close quarters as well as the capability to deal with enemies effectively at medium range, but all defensive operators also have access to a shotgun as well. The only exception for this is Jager who is the only defensive operator with access to a rifle.

SMGs

These should be your go to pick, as stated above, they offer the most variety for choosing engagements, if you have more than 1 SMG to pick from note that there is an inverse relation between rate of fire and damage, i.e. the higher the rate of fire, the less damage each shot does.

Shotguns

Also as above mentioned, view your shotgun as more of a tool than as a straight up killing machine. Shotguns on defense serve a similar role to impact grenades, which I will get to later. Use them to open up new lines of sight that will make an enemy think twice about their movement. Also nice for shotguns is when roaming use them to open up floor hatches to drop down behind or on top of an enemy(ies) to get a cheeky kill or two (this is especially good with Cav as it allows for lots of opportunities to interrogate).

Equipment

Attack

The most important part of picking equipment for a round is understanding what you are trying to do for your team. Are you trying to breach and clear the room quickly? Are you trying to support a team mate like Thermite and Glaz who, especially the former, are very crucial to winning the round?

Claymores

Claymores are a gadget that suit any playstyle, their main purpose is to prevent aggressive defenses that like to flank or come out of windows behind you. The problem with claymores is knowing where to place them, as you only get 1. Yet, learning common spots for enemies to pop outside or placing it in the doorway of secure area when your team is inside can get you a cheeky kill.

Smoke Grenades

The operators with access to these grenades are Blitz, Montagne, Ash, Thermite and Glaz (I think that is all of them let me know if I missed one) smoke is really helpful on Bomb defusal, as they allow for the defuser to be planted more safely. They are especially useful if you have a Glaz on your team as he can see operators as clear as day through them, and they can't see him. Take these if you want to play more of a support role on your team.

Flashbangs

Flashbangs are tricky in this game, unlike CSGO, how much you are flashed depends on how close the grenade lands to you, not if you are looking directly at it or not withing a certain range, outside of that range they work the same as CSGO. Flashes are extremely useful on objectives like the upper library of Chalet and other rooms that have very little room to navigate without cover. Use these if you are an aggressive player and like catching enemies off guard.

Breaching Charges

These can be used by any playstyle, if you like to push the objective as quickly as possible, place these to create a quick path to the objective. Also these can be used very effectively by players who like to plan their movements as much as possible. I like to use these on hostage maps to allow me to create a path to bring the hostage out that doesn't involve me going into high traffic areas like hallways, though this takes a lot of map knowledge and team communication. Also breaching charges can be used on floors while you may not be able to completely breach through and move into a room youre able to create new lines of sight for dealing with enemies from above.

Frag Grenades

Like shotguns, use your frags as a tool more than as a mean to get a free kill. Use them to clear barbed wire from doors or take down deployable shields in you way. If you throw them at the corners of non-reinforced walls, you can usually blow a hole wide enough to crawl through, they also can take out hatches in 1 throw. They are very useful for getting enemies to move as well, throw them close enough to an enemy and if they choose to move, you have a shot at them, or if they don't they will take a significant amount of damage.

Defense

Barbed Wire This tools main use is denial of quick movement. Placement is dependent on map but putting barbed wire in high traffic areas with little cover yields the best results. These include but are not limited to, stairs, doorways, and long hallways. It is also good for having an audio cue when an enemy is nearby.

(Nitro Cell) C4

A majority of the operators now, especially the ones that are being added in in DLC, have access to C4, this is the one gadget that I would specifically use for killing, it is capable of killing multiple enemies at once, and if thrown right, can deal with any shield operator. This also can be used for opening up walls however.

Deployable Shield

When used alone, they are mildly effective as good cover, and greatly effective at creating tight peeking angles with door frames. However, the shield is best served in combination with Frost, or any operator with barbed wire. By placing a Frost trap directly behind the shield, enemies will have to either make the decision (if they decide to hop the shield) of either looking down and shooting the trap (which doesn't always work) or looking for you to shoot you. In either situation, it opens them up for devastating counter attack. The barbed wire means that they will have to take extra time to move away from the shield which usually is in an area that doesn't offer much in the way of extra cover

Impact Grenades

These were introduced due to complaints in the community where too many operators had access to C4 and rounds devolved into essentially explosive dodge ball. While these grenades do deal damage (max 44 I believe) they are great at opening walls and hatches. The effect that they have is actually greater than C4 in my mind because ops have access to 2 grenades which allows for multiple kill holes or movement potential between objectives.

i7 7700k, 16GB RAM, GEFORCE 1080, 240GB SSHD, 2TB SSD

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks Rob. When I've seen streams of Rainbow in the past, on defence they have seemed to go for all out shotguns and stay close quarters to the OBJ. I didn't see attackers win mostly, if at all. Not sure if Shotguns and C4 is an ideal solution for every map but is it one that you could use as a default most of the time?

Via the FG App

Forum Signature Test.png