Custom games being exploited for XP

GazzaGarratt

Jeff Kaplan has come out the overwatch forums to explain his disappointment at players going idle in custom games, then gaining XP for loot boxes.

Got to be honest, didn't even reqlise you could get XP from custom games. One sense it is great but in another I can see why this happened.

They are turning of XP in skirmish and will be introducing bans for anyone caught doing this in the future. I really enjoy the black and white stance they make. Some we may not agree with but at least they come out and make a decision and back it up with rationale.

Forum Signature Test.png

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

If Blizzard honestly thought that giving people total freedom of lobby controls + actual XP earnt wasn't going to result in farming lobbies then they were very niave. Earning XP in these lobbies was one of the points that they used to sell the update. There will always be people in games where they are looking for the latest exploit, cheat, farm etc. But they are the minority and need to be managed by exception rather than making them the rule.

Surely a more fair fix around afk farming would be to just say that changes to the afk timer over a certain amount would result in a no XP lobby?? Making these lobbies now result in no XP is going to see the interest in them dwindle pretty quickly I imagine.

A pretty short sighted view to begin with and a knee Jerk reaction fix it seems to me. Hope they revisit this with more of a level headed approach

You will always have people trying to game the system. It's something I can appreciate as video gamers. I don't believe an afk timer would work because people will just rubber band their control or use a macro to move around. (You could apply that to the starting area but you could script a path)

i7 7700k, 16GB RAM, GEFORCE 1080, 240GB SSHD, 2TB SSD