New Arcade Mode

Stretch616

From Kotaku:

The new game mode is also an answer to fans’ criticism that the Brawl mode didn’t click. “We were hearing feedback that our weekly Brawl didn’t have enough umph to it and that you also wanted a reward for the weekly Brawl,” Kaplan explained. Players can earn 3 loot boxes a week from winning Arcade games.

This is how the new Arcade mode will work:

Mystery Duel: A 1v1 best-of-five duel where a hero is randomly selected for you and your opponent—the same hero for both. Overwatch’s new “Eco-Point Antarctica” map, which is smaller than other maps (and Mei’s home base), will make it easier for heroes to face off one-on-one.

Elimination: A 3v3 best-of-five brawl where, when your hero dies, they are dead—with a single-hero limit. Make sure you have a Mercy!

Mystery Heroes: A 6v6 brawl that takes place on normal Quick Play maps, with regular rules, but you’re not allowed to pick which hero you have.

No Limits: Here, you can have the six-Genji battle you always wanted. And I won’t have to deal with it. It’s basically Quick Play, as it is now. And I will avoid it.

All Brawls: “Super Shimada Bros.,” “We’re All Soldiers Now,” and other old and new Brawls will be available here as a “playlist.” My favorite is the one that only takes place on Ilios’ Well point with Roadhogs and Lucios.

The Brawl mode still exists and will be called “Total Mayhem.”

This sounds awesome and will really add to the longevity of the game. Good job Blizzard 

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

They are building on this game extremely well and it has captivated a good strong following for it's simplicity and versatility. I think this is another game with the right business model alongside Rainbow 6 Siege.

Forum Signature Test.png