Lock on RPGs

Diddums

What do people think of this? I think it's a load of crap. RPGs are meant to be dumb-fire weapons, that's the whole point. However, they should also be one hit kills to all helis and jets. What DICE has done now is made them lock on, and reduce the damage. I seem to recall having something similar, we call it a Stinger.

Thoughts?

banlol.png

I'm not a big Battlefield player and haven't had a go on the beta thanks to GTA but I agree with you.

RPGs are supposed to be dumb-fire the satisfaction of taking out a player or vehicle with one was immense. With lock-on, as you say, they've created a second Stinger.

8mSoOel.png

I would prefer that RPG's are kept as they were in BF3, still have lock on's, but keep the dumb fire launchers as they were. It's always been massively satifying to down a heli or jet with a free fire launcher. They just seem to be catering more and more for the masses.

Recoil seems to have been nerfed, nades can be seen from 100m away the way they are currently. Bullet drop has been nerfed, suppression isn't as strong as it used to be unless you're using an LMG. Tanks, based on the Beta, are now not to be that feared.

Ribbons are easier to get, I mean 2 flag captures for a ribbon in Conquest!  All of this points to making it noob firendly from the start.

When I first starting playing BF3 I got hammered left and right by BF vets, the learning curve was steep, but persistance eventually paid off and I turned it around eventually, not dramatically, but enough to be satisfying at the end of game. Enough that I got FR's from others playing the game who I saw as pretty competent.

I want BF4 to be tough on those who can't learn and adapt, please do not make it too easy Dice.

Right now it feels like a CoD knockoff with vehicles so they can say "Look at all the cool stuff we have!"

Got to say that I agree, I don't want them to dumb it down too much. Fingers crossed they'll make enough changes to appeal to both sides of the fence. 

This game deserves to be big, but not so big it attracts all the numbnuts out there. If people want to play this game fine, I just hope upon hope that they come into it with the intention of playing it the "right way". A longshot, but you live in hope.

Getting completely off topic here but what I truly believe would help with that is eliminating kill/death ratio as a tracked stat. Without it there wouldn't be any point in a lot of the cheap tactics people use.

Getting completely off topic here but what I truly believe would help with that is eliminating kill/death ratio as a tracked stat. Without it there wouldn't be any point in a lot of the cheap tactics people use.

This very subject has been discussed at length on Battlelog, and absolutely yes it should be removed!!

I agree. K/D is the very first thing so many people look at to judge ability. If it's not high, they automatically assume the person sucks. Doesn't matter that they played the objective and were more help than anyone else on the team. It would be great if the stat was completely removed and people could simply focus on winning. If win % was the "go-to" stat, I think you'd see a lot more teamwork as that would be the best way to increase wins.