The3rdWalker

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, Capn_Underpants said:

If a new Animal Crossing is announced with it, my mom would crap herself. 

This may be on the cards you know, I'm sure I read it somewhere.

Also, moved thread to Nintendo section.

Forum Signature Test.png

31 minutes ago, PlasticGaming said:

I will most likely trade in my Xbox One for this system, unless it's just shit.

Haven't they all been though? Hah

I currently own: Gamecube, Wii, and Wii U and all of them have like 10 quality first party titles and the rest are practically garbage (always exceptions of course). And the funny thing is... the first party titles outside of like Zelda are all exactly the same every year*. Mariokart is one of my families favorite games, we own three copies of it (one on each platform) and it is the same game on every platform just reskinned. 

Typically I wait till they are cheap (even cheaper than when they initially launch haha) to buy them because, as with everyone else, they become the best console no one plays on. 

I think Nintendo survives on a lot of nostalgia now that the kids who had them as kids (us) are all grown and have money. 

*They changed up Mario Party for the Wii U... made it TERRIBLE. 

43 minutes ago, Auptyk said:

*They changed up Mario Party for the Wii U... made it TERRIBLE. 

One of the biggest disappointments was my wife and I purchasing it. It's nothing like how it could be, the game itself was anemic. The mini games were super fun as always. I really can say I enjoy a lot of the Wii U titles just because of the disappointment that has been triple a gaming in the past few years. I wouldn't really complain about reskinning when there have rarely been games in the past few years that are new and unique, Hell overwatch is just an updated TF2. You still can't make a handheld that holds a candle to the Nintendo systems.

i7 7700k, 16GB RAM, GEFORCE 1080, 240GB SSHD, 2TB SSD

28 minutes ago, PlasticGaming said:

One of the biggest disappointments was my wife and I purchasing it. It's nothing like how it could be, the game itself was anemic. The mini games were super fun as always. I really can say I enjoy a lot of the Wii U titles just because of the disappointment that has been triple a gaming in the past few years. I wouldn't really complain about reskinning when there have rarely been games in the past few years that are new and unique, Hell overwatch is just an updated TF2. You still can't make a handheld that holds a candle to the Nintendo systems.

My daughters LOVED Mario Party on the Gamecube... then the disc died. It was more expensive to buy the game on the Gamecube or Wii than it was to get the new one on the WiiU. They played it for like a week, and quit. I played it twice and couldn't believe they had screwed up so hard. hah

Yeah, their handhelds are solid, but that market is being killed by mobile phones. I think Nintendo knows it too, that is why you are seeing Mario on the iPhone now, and you will start to see all their other titles roll out there as well. Their IP is a gold mine, their console hardware is crap. The fact that they haven't just become a software company microtransactioning the crap out of the world blows my mind. They would have all the money. Imagine Zelda on a REAL console... 

How do they get killed by mobile phones? it's rare to find a game that's not time gated or microtransaction riddled. You have a hard enough time these days finding a game that's an entire game, you won't find that on mobile. Nintendo does the exact same model Apple follows- they create their own ecosystems. The game selection is sub par but the games they release for their consoles always play very well (not saying they are GOTY) and their hardware itself is durable as all hell.

I admit I pick and chose what I like from Nintendo so I can't put 100% faith in them but I wouldn't wrangle them into the same as Sega.

Edited by PlasticGaming
double wording, expanded on statement.

i7 7700k, 16GB RAM, GEFORCE 1080, 240GB SSHD, 2TB SSD

2 hours ago, PlasticGaming said:

How do they get killed by mobile phones? it's rare to find a game that's not time gated or microtransaction riddled. You have a hard enough time these days finding a game that's an entire game, you won't find that on mobile. Nintendo does the exact same model Apple follows- they create their own ecosystems. The game selection is sub par but the games they release for their consoles always play very well (not saying they are GOTY) and their hardware itself is durable as all hell.

I admit I pick and chose what I like from Nintendo so I can't put 100% faith in them but I wouldn't wrangle them into the same as Sega.

You're right that their hand held units are great pieces of tech, but hand held sales are plummeting world wide. What's filling the ecosystem? Mobile phones. Mobile phones killed the MP3 player, killed the casual digital camera, and is in the process of killing handheld gaming units. 

I think that if they sold their titles on other platforms (including mobile) they would make WAY more money than they do trying to sell hardware. Especially considering the removal of the costs of R&D and manufacturing of a console. 

WiiU sold 13 million units. Take a look at the PS4 which overall is dominating this cycle (XB1 is making gains now... hah) at 40 million, with X1 trailing at 20 million. So... (falsely) assume that every WiiU owner also owns an X1 or PS4 and you still have 47 million people NOT playing Nintendo games. Fantastic Nintendo games, who probably would if they offered them on their platform. 

Obviously I am just me... they don't give a crap what I think. haha... nor should they! But I think it would be financially smart to open up their software.