This game and the people that play it

Diddums

You can always rely on the gaming community to act like a bunch of 5 year olds and exploit every cheap tactic in the game to get kills. These are almost always the same people that will literally watch their team lose but not move from their spot in case they get killed. These are the ones who sit on rooftops, prone, aimed at elevators. The ones who also sit on rooftops with noobtubes and spam the hell outta them. 

I realise that we all have our moments, but when you spend about 10 games in a lobby and the same people are on the roof, every single time, you're just a dick. 

There are also those who choose to use aimbots, I've seen these in action myself and have researched them - you can get them for $20 a month. Unbelievable. The game hasn't even been released yet, but gamers have found a way to fuck it all up for others. 

Given the intelligence level displayed by these people, I can only imagine that their most used phrase in life is "mommy can I have more milk?" or "would you like fries with that?", which is what gives me hope. This game ain't cheap, so I'm hoping that once the paid release comes out, that we lose some of these idiots who display every single kind of bad sportsmanship purely to get that extra kill or deliberately try and irritate people. 

On the flipside though, if they managed to get a PC that can run this, then odds are they can afford the game... we'll just have to wait and see.

banlol.png

Haven't experienced any aimbots yet but the camping is at an all time high. I understand it's battlefield and you don't want to run around like a healdess chicken but when your enemy ha their sights on an elevator door for 30 minutes it's infuriating to say the least. I need t learn how to shoot straight and dodge tanks, the tanks are a nightmare.

When playing Domination, there's only one roof you can get on to as far as I'm aware, the one on top of C. Initially I thought that the only way to get up there was via the elevator but there are a few ladders around the place too. Sometimes you can get up there by ladder which means you can pretty much take out all the people on the roof, at one point it was 8 kills. Whilst they were losing. 

Tanks are a pain the in the ass, but it's oh-so-fun taking them out as recon. 

banlol.png

I'm a noob-toobing roof camper!!! FUCK YOU ALL!!!!!

No, seriously, it's a decent strategy depending on the game. I do know what you're saying though. I only play Domination as the vehicles destroy me. Once I get the full release I'll spend some time training in vehicular warfare, but for beta, I'm sticking to Dom. My playstyle isn't exactly good for Battlefield. I like to be in on action. I don't like waiting. So, I am one of the aforementioned headless chickens. However, part of my contribution is that I like to mess with the other team as much as possible. I may die a lot, but I at least want to be a speed bump while I'm doing it.

Which brings me to my roof camping strategy: if the other team isn't going to take the roof, I will. Combined with the noob-tube, it's a good way to get them hiding when trying to cap B or running away from A.

However, I usually don't stay up there long. Either I get popped by a sniper, or I run out of ammo. I've run into the people you're talking about. All the guys are up there not doing anything. It's a bit silly.

Also, $20 a month for aimbot? How the hell do I make a program like that?! I can't imagine pissing away $240 a year just so I could cheat at a video game.

This is exactly the issue I'm having with FPS games these days. People play like assholes. They ignore the objective, use every cheap tactic they can to kill you, and there isn't a damn thing you can do about it. Sure, you could climb up the ladder onto the roof, but you can't convince them to play the objective, and I don't want to stoop to their level by using cheap tactics myself. I realize that if somebody buys the game, they have the right to play however they want to, but I don't have to play it with them.

MOBAs like Dota 2 and League of Legends don't have that problem. Once in a blue moon, you'll come across a troll teammate that intentionally feeds the enemy, and you'll run into an asshat teammate that insults you for playing poorly. But as a whole, your team plays to win. They don't play for some montage clip, they don't ignore the objective and killwhore. And in games like Dota 2, there aren't game mechanics that can be abused, because the entire game is designed to be competitive. When the only difference in a game between playing casually and playing competitively is how well you play and how seriously you take winning, that game becomes one worth playing.

I may look into the competitive Defuse game mode that Battlefield 4 releases with, but I have no interest in any other game mode because I'm sick of the bullshit that comes with them.

/rant

Another thing that's really starting to get on my tits is the inconsistency. Sometimes I'll join the first server - no issues. Other times, I'll have to go through 15 servers to find one that doesn't say "something went wrong". And then, it's not guaranteed to be silky smooth either - sometimes things like scoping in, using the recon spotter thingy and other things causes a MASSIVE fps drop. Like a slide show. I know it's not my system because it's generally great, but this gets extremely irritating, especially when you're on your tenth server and 20 minutes of trying to get into a game. 

I can only hope that this is addressed in the launch version. As it is now, this shit just pisses me off.

banlol.png

I'm done. This is fucking ridiculous. I realise it's a Beta but surely they'd improve as they go? Tonight is unplayable. I get such massive amounts of lag it's ridiculous. The game just freezes for a second or two solid. I shoot someone, miss the headshot, and by the time the game's recovered, I'm dead. Even the countdown timer between spawns lags. Then the game crashed. I'll be on BF3 until this is released, hopefully this'll be sorted, but as it is tonight, it's unplayable. 

banlol.png

Thing is with a game like battlefield campers can end up losing the game pretty easily if you play it right. Just leave them on the dam room and don't feed them kills. If you hold the flags they will bleed the tickets and you win. 

As for the lag and quality right now I've stopped playing. I'll probably buy the game for the PC on Origin and will have 24 hours from the minute I launch it to ask for a refund. If it sucks, I'll ask for a refund. I'm cancelling the PS3 order, I don't see the point of playing on the PS3. 

A lot of people use those cheap tactics to level up weapons and obtain weapons. That's one of the inherent problems with having to unlock stuff. You start off with lesser gear so you have to take a cheap short cut to get better gear and be competitive. It sucks but the game makers and players have created that part of the problem.