Fallout 4 ps4

Sennex

Son also surprised me with this for ps4 today

This game is way different than how it is on pc.

Doc, if you have any tips, let me know.

Luke 23:34
'And Jesus said, "Father, forgive them, for they don't think it be like it is, but it do."

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's soooo much fun.  I'm tempted to get back into it now that there's a survival mode.

The biggest tips I can think of have to do with crafting.

When you get into your settlement, drop all of your junk.  Then scrap it.  This has two advantages.  One, it gives you more resources.  Two, it let's you build a bigger settlement.

One explained:  If you are building something like a gun mod and you need to break down an alarm clock for radioactive material, the game "eats" all of the copper, plastic, etc.  It just disappears.  If you manually break stuff down, you get all the parts, then build stuff.

Two explained:  Each settlement has a maximum number of items you can build.  When you scrap stuff, the count goes down for items you've built even though you're not actually destroying things you built.  Basically, you can have a settlement at 100% build, then drop stuff and scrap it to get it down to 90% and build more stuff.  You can also do this by dropping things and storing them.  Drop your guns, auto store them in the workbench, go get them back out, repeat.

We picked up the Automatron DLC.

On PC I only have the base game, and this is so much different. For example your "#2 explained" works out differently. 

Differences I have noticed.

I grabbed the "Scrapper" perk immediately as I want those rare components from Scrapping weapons and armor.

Also I noticed that PC lets you remove far more junk around Sanctuary than PS4 does. This one sucks IMO, but I get why it has to be that way.

Also, on PS4 when you assign a settler to a crop, they actually end up covering a large number of crops around them. On Pc this isn't the case and it was getting annoying

PS4 is also far harder IMO, I died 4 times last night to Dogs, Molotovs, and just plain bad luck.

I remember in one of our other threads you talked about "Marking things for scrapping", I have been using this ssssoooooo much! It is a god send

Today I start working on Vegetable Starch farming

'And Jesus said, "Father, forgive them, for they don't think it be like it is, but it do."

It's soooo much fun.  I'm tempted to get back into it now that there's a survival mode.

I tried survival mode, and I'm over it.  No fast travel makes so many of the elements of the game I like either impossible or at least a giant PITA.  I'm also not a fan of how freaking easy you die.  After dying to one swipe from a feral ghoul as a level 6 character with pretty high endurance, I'll pass.

I was able to give it a go on PC, but oddly enough, on PC I never Melee anything, on Ps4 though, I feel like you absolutely have to.

Thank god for security baton's!

I was going with a high Luck/ Intelligence build, but am changing it up now to get better Strength and Endurance. At this point I don't see how any one plays without those two being above a 5.

I will also say, that I was pretty bored of this game on PC, but on console it is loads more fun because of how different it it.

What settlement did you end up going with? I am either going to do Abernathy farms as my main, or sunshine Tidings. Both look reasonable as far as defence, and since I can't remove the item build limit on console, I am trying to play a little more strategically

What settlement did you end up going with? I am either going to do Abernathy farms as my main, or sunshine Tidings. Both look reasonable as far as defence, and since I can't remove the item build limit on console, I am trying to play a little more strategically

Really? Unless the recent patch did it it still worked for me.  Try dropping expensive weapons and then storing them from the ground directly to the workbench.  Don't pick them up, just auto store them.

I built a couple.  If you do the Minuteman quest, the castle is pretty sweet and it's easy to defend.  It's also got a lot of water generation ready to go and power lines already set up. 

I need to go back to PC tomorrow, there are 3 settlements I need to unlock that I never came across

I tried a bit more survival mode tonight.  Holy shit it's annoying to have to find a bed to save.  I get why they did it, so you can't just save before you drink water and if you get contaminated reload, so you can't save before every encounter, etc....but come on.  Give us a sleeping bag and tent or some shit that you can set up when there's no enemies around and only works outside so we can save without humping back to a settlement or sniffing around for a dirty mattress.  I can repair nuclear powered armor but can't figure out how to make a camp fire to cook in the field?

I did a full play-through on PC in Survival mode, only because I Was able to add Fast Travel back into the game with a mod.

The rest I never cared about, but Fast travel was 100% needed.

I am still blown away by the differences in the game between the two systems.

One of the big things that really scared the shit out of me, was I was revisiting the Corvega Plant to get the Repair bobblehead. (I had cleared the interior out about 10 levels ago).

so I am slowly making my way down the street towards the ramp that leads to the roof. Sniping everything I can, using Piper to provide cover for the runners that try to charge you. When all of a sudden I get nuked, seriously I was nuked by a Fat Man. I had no idea what the hell was going on, when as I lay there being a rag doll, I can just make out off on a rooftop in College Square (Is it College Square thats to the east of Corvega? I can't remember the name) Is a Raider in Power Armor toting a Fat Man.... Dude was at just over the range of my Hunting Rifle with a Medium Scope (I want to say the range is 217m on it) 

I have no idea how I triggered the Raider, but he killed me a few more times before I was able to shoot and scoot enough to kill him, and recover all of it.

Not once has there ever been a raider with a Fat Man, let alone Power Armor, near Corvega.

The Ps4 seems to want you to get heavy weapons early and often. I am at a point where I am sitting on 3 Miniguns at different settlements, and I sell the others I find. I am only level 14, which is what blows my mind. I treat the Fat Man launcher the same way. Oddly I haven't seen a single missile launcher though.

If I stick with survival mode, I'm going with Brotherhood of Steel for the vertibird ability to move around the map.

I'm also thinking the minuteman's artillery barrage is going to be used way more often.  

See that guy?  Fuck him...and everyone around him.

Roger that, general.

If I stick with survival mode, I'm going with Brotherhood of Steel for the vertibird ability to move around the map.

I'm also thinking the minuteman's artillery barrage is going to be used way more often.  

See that guy?  Fuck him...and everyone around him.

Roger that, general.

Save up materials and place at least one at every settlement.

I say this as on PC, if you only have them at the Fort, and you are out near the Glowing Sea, you can't call in a strike. As the range was to far 

(Unless they changed that, in which case all bets are off)

Also, don't hesitate to use Flares to call in Minutemen infantry. I never once used it on PC, but as I was dealing with the super mutants near Diamond City, I started calling them in, and it is a huge help.