Minecraft server

Sennex

Link for the Download, its about350mb

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B9GYDWudim-oc2pkRF85aE9wWTQ/edit?usp=sharing

That looks insane! The hill in that last picture looks so good!

I know! Thats the Shield biome, I love it, and the Highlands, and the Alps above all others.

That looks brilliant Bart. I'd be happy to spawn there.

Good deal!

Luke 23:34
'And Jesus said, "Father, forgive them, for they don't think it be like it is, but it do."

I posted that link while running out the door to get to work.

I will try to write up some actual directions for you guys here in a few. Also, if Google Drive chokes out on us for any reason, I will switch to Drop Box.

In my head it should be this easy:

1. Download the link
  2. Unzip it
  3. Run the Minecraft .exe, NOT THE FOLDER
  4. Once the new MC launcher loads up, click "Edit Profile" in the lower left corner
  5. One of the options there will be "Game location or something. I cannot remember the wording, but it is like 3rd or 4th option from the top. Click the check box and then
  6. make sure the path listed there is the path to the MINECRAFT FOLDER you just downloaded
  7. Save Profile
  8. Launch game

You might have to log me out. It will prompt you to, if thats the case.

Several Texture packs are already installed in that folder, they are now called "Resource Packs"

Also, one last surprise, I added in an "Infinite Lava" mod to the server. So now you chuckleheads can make Lava in the same way that we can make water! (SSSOOOO much easier to fuel furnaces now)

'And Jesus said, "Father, forgive them, for they don't think it be like it is, but it do."

I have yet another question for you guys.

One thing I have noticed is we all tend to be hermits when it comes to this game. We sort of split apart and make our claims, and then only pop our heads up when we do something AWESOME! (Dylan is sort of all over the place, so he doesn't really fit in with this stereotype.)

I was planning on working on the spawn over the next few days. I had debated on doing an actual town, instead of the usual Tavern style building. I was going to add a few public buildings (Warehouse, Library, Blacksmith shop, and Farm), Roads and what not as well.

Are you guys cool with this?

This is the actual location of the spawn

WASeZzh.png

There is a lot I can do here to make it nice, and there is a flat land area right across the water in the pic, which is actually a pretty long river.

I wish I had taken a pic of the Dynmap for you guys to see how extensive this all is, but I was old man tired last night.

None of the mods are working for me man. I have them all downloaded but for instance, I don't have a mini map.

I've looked for the bin folder but can't find it either to install them manually. I hate to even bring this up cause of the work you've already done. I'm just conflustered.

8mSoOel.png

I had a feeling stuff like this would happen, so its all good

Some thoughts

Did you make sure it was pointed at the right folder?

Also, there is no "Bin" folder anymore. There is a "mod" folder now.

uh, if you want, send me a screenshot please of your launcher screen, as well as the Edit Profile screen. I should be able to help you from those two. because it sounds like its not recognizing the "Forge install location.

I wish I knew how to do a "FRAPS" video or something, I would just do that for you guys.

okay, so on the edit profile screen change your "Use Version" to Whatever Forge entry is in there.

That "should" do it

I will make a better more comprehensive set of instructions tonight if I am able. (Wife comes home from a business trip tonight, so I might not have time)

This is the only thing I could find that had Forge and a version on it

wvD8zfu.png

So I changed it to use 1.6.4 specifically instead of use latest and it still isn't working.

rZYosnC.jpg

It's cool if you're busy dude. I'm enjoying just going at it for now.

I found coal. Boom!

8mSoOel.png

oooohhhhhhh

I see what happened now. That makes sense as when you unzipped it, it made a folder for the name of the Zip file, and then dumped it all inside!

sorry man, I totally forgot about that.

There is no map, I removed all of my test maps as the file would be about a gb in size then

Also, NEI does add a listing on the right hand side for all the items in the game.

Also, I recommend using the John Smith Tech (1) resource pack. It seriously makes the game look nice, and I already patched it for the mods.

Yeah that's the one that it changed me too when I made the new path. Ok so I know the map shouldn't be there, grand.

I don't have the list of items though. I could only find the regular ores too. I went into creative so I could scour the underground.

Sorry if I'm melting your head man :(

At least I'm a guinea pig though xD

8mSoOel.png

When you hit Escape, do you see an option to look at the mods in the game? The option might be on the Main title screen where you choose single or multiplayer.

If you do see that button, let me know what is in it. There should be a huge listing there.

Also, I will be downloading the same file you guys have on my laptop and making notes and screens here soon.