Changes made

Removed redundant "please remove us from adblock" announcement.

Removed dead Adsense ad at the bottom of the page.

Changed root to "forum" so anyone going to Forevergaming.co.uk automatically redirects to "forum" instead of "blog".

Still to do:

Try center the logo. Not sure how to do this, seems to be a mission but I'll give it a shot tonight.

Can't think of anything else right now, if you can let me know and I'll change it.

banlol.png

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Doesn't work like that sadly. It's position is dependant on everything else on the page, so simply adding the background to counter for it will simply shove the rest of the site around, plus it'll look a mess on various devices.

I wish it was that simple! 

I#ll figure it out, don't worry ;)

banlol.png

There isn't any reason to center it.

Unless you go with a full spread banner, the logo we have is honestly fine, and you would end up with odd dead space at the top of the page.

Also, site is coded with PERL/ CGI, the CSS for it is pretty pointless, and changing it would be a HUGE pain in the ass, I say leave it as is

Luke 23:34
'And Jesus said, "Father, forgive them, for they don't think it be like it is, but it do."

How can something as simple as centering a logo be a huge pain in the ass? You can't just give it a class name and center it in the CSS file?

If you decide to put your dick in crazy, be ready to change your phone number and relocate.

Not without fucking up the rest of the CSS, no :(

The software is poorly coded tbh. I went through some of the files this afternoon to try a few tricks and the coding looks like it was done by a 6 year old.

banlol.png

How can something as simple as centering a logo be a huge pain in the ass? You can't just give it a class name and center it in the CSS file?

If its not handled by CSS, then no, it isn't that simple

I looked into it, and it appears to be handled by an FCGI protocol for that whole area. Which is just a fancy handler for CGI to interface with the forum management, the short of it is it is not just "a CSS change"

Luke 23:34
'And Jesus said, "Father, forgive them, for they don't think it be like it is, but it do."