Torn City - Anyone else play?

Anyone else have a character? I have been playing for over 6 or so years now, off and on. My Torn account name is StanXXDarsh [111006]

If you haven't ever heard of Torn City, it's a free online txt based game. A lot to do, huge world, endless options. Here's their 'wiki' info about the game.

Torn - The Online RPG Game

Torn is a violent crime themed RPG game with more than 1.5 million players. The text based browser game is set in the murky underworld of Torn , where everyone's out for themselves. In Torn you can be who ever you want to be and do what ever you want to do. The game is endless in possibilities and with regular feature updates you'll soon discover something new to do within the city.

The aim of the game:
The aim of the game is to become the best. Earn the most money, own the biggest property, own the most successful company, drive the fastest car, lead the largest faction, have the most friends, complete the most missions, commit the most crime and be the strongest and hardest in Torn City

http://www.torn.com/111006 <-----  Link to site with my referral code.  If anyone starts a character, let me know because I can help your character out.

I love this game. If you haven't before, check it out. If you have played or do play, what do you think? Who are you in Torn City?

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I might actually give this a go when I'm bored at work. One thing I love about text games is that they're whatever your imagination makes of them, which can lead to some very memorable moments. Cheers for the heads up!

banlol.png

Actually, I went to the old forum to dig this one up. So, kinda. Some people showed some interest so I thought I would put it up again. I am still fairly active on Torn City and would like a few people to play with.

It's all good man.  I didn't mean to sounds shitty about it.  This post was just like deja vu for me.  I guess I know why now.  :) 

I am having a hard time understanding what text based game is.  I could google it, but where's the fun in that?  Anyone care to share their experiences in this genre?

5abdbe250c715_RespectAll-FearNone.png.9bc1a4f0d1cdab1c7e67e48baf8275b4.png.63941b93d8c1d7bc3f9ca9f365076c45.png

It's a game with nothing more than text. So instead of walking into a room with an ogre in it, the game will say "you walk into a room. It contains an ogre", followed by your options, like "run, fight or hide?"

You then select your option and take it from there. It's probably the only genre left where the only limit is your imagination. It can be truly epic.

A bit like an interactive book, but much more detailed and with much more depth.

banlol.png

I found this. It does a good job of explaining the game.

It's all good man.  I didn't mean to sounds shitty about it.  This post was just like deja vu for me.  I guess I know why now.  :)

I am having a hard time understanding what text based game is.  I could google it, but where's the fun in that?  Anyone care to share their experiences in this genre?

It's basically a time sink. You have experience gained from doing crimes and fighting people, to go up in level.

The more crimes you do, the more crime experience you get and the bigger your nerve bar(ability to do crimes) goes up.

Your fighting stats are improved by training in a gym. There are four than you can train, strength/defense/dexterity and speed. They all affect a fight in different ways but it is always better to have them balanced in number.

You can join a faction which is like a clan. In there you can make friends and war together. War is when you fight other factions to gain respect. Respect is a currency in which you can buy upgrades for the faction that give boosts to all its members.

Overall, it's just a numbers game. Everything runs on a timer. Cooldowns if you will. Money is another number used to buy weapons, armour, drugs(helpful in the gym).

If you ever want to take a look, sign up. Use my referral code of course, http://www.torn.com/1208641

Go immediately into those forums into the guides and tutorials section. Getting an early start is a big plus. A good start is all knowledge. Learn the game quick and you can succeed.