Microsoft closing Lionhead and other Studios

http://www.videogamer.com/news/microsoft_studios_site_removes_5_more_studios.html

UPDATE 21:42: Microsoft has provided VideoGamer with the following statement in response to this story:

"On Monday we announced changes to Microsoft Studios including Lionhead and Press Play. As part of these changes, we did a site refresh and removed several logos for older studios and projects that have been consolidated during the past several years into other Microsoft Studios and teams. As games launch and new projects come online, we routinely make these kinds of moves to ensure we have the right development support on the right games."

ORIGINAL STORY: Logos for Lionhead Studios and Press Play Studios have both been removed from the Microsoft Studios website following yesterday's announcement that both are set to close. But that's not all.

A further five studios and the Project Spark logo were also removed from the website last night, including Kinect Joy Ride developer BigPark, along with Function Studios, Good Science, LXP and SOTA.

Here's how the website looked on March 4 according to Google Cache:

microsoft_studios_cached.jpg

And here's how it looks today:

microsoft_studios_current1.jpg

While it isn't clear when exactly the changes to the website were made, a Google Cache update reveals they were carried out after 17:24 GMT last night, following the announcement regarding Lionhead and Press Play.

Microsoft has yet to state why the additional studios have been removed from the website - yesterday's announcement only spoke of its plans for Lionhead and Press Play. Some, however, have speculated that it may be due to their links to Hololens, which may not specifically be geared towards gaming.

Project Spark's servers, meanwhile, have been offline since Friday, March 4, according to an update on the game's website, which the team is said to be "investigating". Last September, Microsoft announced that the game was being transitioned into a "free incubation

engine" and that all future DLC had been cancelled.

Source: microsoftstudios.com

Luke 23:34
'And Jesus said, "Father, forgive them, for they don't think it be like it is, but it do."

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I only liked the first Fable game, Fable 2 felt like it should have been two totally seperate games. Not to mention huge Oil monsters? Star Trek: TNG wants their monster back

'And Jesus said, "Father, forgive them, for they don't think it be like it is, but it do."

I would have liked to see then go back to their roots and make another proper rpg. Fable was one of my favorites from the xbox. Also not ashamed to admit I played and enjoyed the sequels as well.

Hopefully someone does something with the brand.

BEARDED, FOR HER PLEASURE

With their push for some sort of united gaming platform between XBone, Windows, Windows phone, I think they are trying to make it easier to monetize shitty games.

(Not to mention crushing the now booming Linux gaming market)

The problem becomes all of the platforms are so radically different. 

It would be one thing if Windows was great, but it's far from it. I'd much rather an OS optimized for the hardware and task at hand, than to have one OS that's mediocre at everything.

If you decide to put your dick in crazy, be ready to change your phone number and relocate.

Agreed, sadly, I can't run Linux and play most of the games I really love.

Sure I can play Minecraft all day long, but most of the RPG's out there just do not run under it.

Agreed, sadly, I can't run Linux and play most of the games I really love.

Sure I can play Minecraft all day long, but most of the RPG's out there just do not run under it.

Same, most of the software I use isn't available on Linux. [emoji20]

If you decide to put your dick in crazy, be ready to change your phone number and relocate.

I got you:

MAR, 11 2016 SONY TO HOLD A RECRUITMENT EVENT FOR LIONHEAD STUDIOS STAFF Reps from all SCEE studios will be there.
BY MATT PORTER

On Monday, Sony will be hosting a recruitment event in Guildford, England, and it has invited everyone at Lionhead Studios to come along.

Lionhead Studios is owned by Microsoft, but it seems likely that Microsoft will be shutting the studio down, joining Press Play Studios in Denmark.

fablethumb-1457376584497_medium.jpg

Lionhead Studios was co-founded and formerly led by Peter Molyneux. It is well known for creating the Fable series, however Microsoft also announced on Monday that work on the upcoming Fable Legends has now ceased.

Sony reached out to the employees of Lionhead via the @PlayStationJobs Twitter account, saying that there will be people from all of its European game studios at the event available to chat.

2/2 ...there'll be people there from all our SCEE studios and if you'd like to a book a time for a chat on the day, please DM for details

— PlayStation Jobs (@PlayStationJobs)