Smite coming to PS4

Smite was officially announced for PS4 a few days ago. It is a free-to-play MOBA like Dota 2 and LoL with key differences, namely the 3rd person perspective.

Billed as the Battleground of the Gods, Smite features more than 70 playable gods and mythological creatures from eight different pantheons around the world, all battling for domination across six intense game modes.

Created by Hi-Rez Studios in 2013, Smite currently supports a global player community of more than 14 million players, which will grow even larger when the game becomes available on PS4. Smite’s team-based action, third-person controls, and deep roster of playable gods make it an ideal fit for PS4, where it will become the biggest MOBA ever to go from PC to PS4.

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2016/02/19/smite-battleground-of-the-gods-coming-to-ps4/

I am really excited for this game. I played it a small amount on PC but as a big fan of Dota 2 and LoL I've been waiting for a successful MOBA to come to console.

It's a huge genre that is untapped in console gaming and I think this game has the potential to hook a lot of people. Those on the forum who have played MOBA's on PC can attest I'm sure.

http://www.smitegame.com/ps4-beta/

Here's hoping it turns out well!

Kia Ora. 

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I played through the tutorial, which is about as far as I got on it on the PC. I want to like this game, but my heart belongs to League.

I don't like the 3rd person view, and I don't like playing with a controller.

With that being said, if a bunch of forum members started playing, I'd be down.

5abdbe250c715_RespectAll-FearNone.png.9bc1a4f0d1cdab1c7e67e48baf8275b4.png.63941b93d8c1d7bc3f9ca9f365076c45.png

I must be the only one but the controller didn't seem that difficult or weird. Whatever you guys are meaning. The problem is with me, laying down my skill shots correctly and maximizing the damage output. Learning the characters and how long it takes to start some of these abilities and what not. It would be about learning with me on this game. The controls are simple. Square Triangle, X and O are the abilities and R2 is to auto attack. Can't get more simple then that.

Granted I've only played the tutorial, it seems like a lot of fun.