Better than expected

Docwagon

A thread for the little things that went better than expected.

As a starter:

I tried a pumpkin funnel cake with cream cheese icing today.  I had expected a standard funnel cake with some pumpkin pie spice.  I was wrong.  It was a pumpkin based batter, sort of like a runny pumpkin pie, fried up in the traditional funnel cake style, and the cream cheese icing was very nicely done.  I expected it to be good, because how do you fuck up a funnel cake, but I didn't expect it to be fantastic.

Expected result: 6/10

Received result: 9/10

Option of having whipped cream would have made it a perfect score.

Ha..now is not the night for me with the shit that is going on tonight here Doc. But sorry, I'll tryin get on topic, let me see.....okay. Better than expected...

Better than expected tonight was a movie, Zero Dark Thirty. I didn't expect much, but it was actually pretty damn good.

The official MLP:FIM comic book series.

I hesitantly started reading them on Imgur (thinking that it would be a cheap cash-in and that it was a stretch that it would be as good as the show ), and holy sh*t was it great.

The characters act true to themselves, it has a healthy dose of humor and action in epic quest arcs, its drawing style is visually-appealing, and the references are double-take causing (Blues Brothers and Pennywise the Clown?! :lol: ). It almost feels like it was made by fans FOR fans.

It certainly paints the world in a darker light (one page has a fan-favorite villain returning and eating a kitten, complete with a very unexpected bloodsplatter), but it still retains the innocence that has made the show the pop-culture phenomenon it is today.

Expectation: 2/10

Outcome: 10/10

DM9ON.png

Better than expected- Dattebayo :D Seriously.

Back on the old forum I saw his "my little pony" avatar and though jeez wtf is up with this guy, took him as a joke then. Now, He's still here and just because he likes MLP I wont judge him ;) Seems like a pretty decent guy. So I'll give Dattebyo a "Better than expected" lol ^_^

Better than expected- Dattebayo :D Seriously.

Back on the old forum I saw his "my little pony" avatar and though jeez wtf is up with this guy, took him as a joke then. Now, He's still here and just because he likes MLP I wont judge him ;) Seems like a pretty decent guy. So I'll give Dattebyo a "Better than expected" lol ^_^

x)

How long ago was this? Mw2forum?

DM9ON.png

Meeting up with the guys at Eurogamer.

I've obviously spoken to them all online and played CoD with them a fair bit but it can be a bit of a jump from just chatting with people online to actually meeting them in real life.

I was a bit apprehensive travelling down but by the end of the day i was a bit sad to leave them.

Nice peeps, all of them

fa91d1c7-2525-4709-a13b-ae6fabba557e.jpg

Thanks to Capn_Underpants for the artwork

LoL, didn't think it would be that fun, I originally downloaded it because my friend said I should. I didn't play it for a few months but I decided to give it another go and I got hooked  :blink:

Oh and A$AP Ferg's album Trap Lord was much better than I expected. 

Kia Ora. 

I can relate to the LoL one.  It was recommended to me by a co-worker.  I installed it and then it sat for a few weeks.  I didn't think I'd like it at all.  The guy who recommended it to me was a bit odd, so I thought that it couldn't be good because he was so weird.  But now... I loooove it. :)

5abdbe250c715_RespectAll-FearNone.png.9bc1a4f0d1cdab1c7e67e48baf8275b4.png.63941b93d8c1d7bc3f9ca9f365076c45.png

To be honest:

This Forum

Its inception was presented as a "FU AUPTYK!!" And its first few days were exactly that.

I didn't expect things to last, but once you guys got your hate out of your systems, things went back to normal

Luke 23:34
'And Jesus said, "Father, forgive them, for they don't think it be like it is, but it do."

Hummus

Expected: 2/10

Received: 7-8/10

Thats is funny. :lol: I purchased some Sabra roasted pine nut hummus for a party last Saturday. My friend was like "aaaaaaahhhh WTF Bro you like hummus!?" then his brother said "It's chickpeas." I added "Yeah Bob what kid of I-talian are you!?" :lol: I want to make my own.

I made pizza burgers for dinner last night (no bread). It was ground lamb-burgers with turkey sausage sauce, ricotta + fresh mootz. I didn't think it would come out good with the different meats but I was wrong. I think it had a lot to do with all of them being fresh prepped that day from a local store. If I mixed prepackaged preservative laden crap I don't think it would have been as good. I like to fit as many land animals into one meal as I possibly can :lol:

Expected: 4/10

Received: 9/10

jpw_tyrannosaurus-rex_zpscpttjstm.jpg

To be honest:

This Forum

Its inception was presented as a "FU AUPTYK!!" And its first few days were exactly that.

I didn't expect things to last, but once you guys got your hate out of your systems, things went back to normal

yeah, now that the interface is a lot cleaner, the forum is growing nicely still with new memebers, and lots of posting from established ones

sadly, i have found myself with less time to post on here than the old one

expected - 4/10

actual - 10x10^89 /10

Ri855cK.gif

Chookes said:

I absoloutely prefer it this way. You have overall more control. You can finish one guy off first, or all ten

Cupcake Vineyards Moscato D'Asti.

My wife and I like sweet wines.  The dry wines just don't hold any appeal for either of us.  I will occasionally find wines that are simply too sweet for me, though.  I expected this to be the case with this Moscato, figuring anyplace with "cupcake" in the name would be overly sweet.  I was right, its very sweet, but its also sooo tasty.  Its not just sweet, its got a great flavor.

Expected - 5/10

Received- 8/10

http://www.cupcakevineyards.com/blog/tag/moscato-dasti/