Twitch App coming to PS4

GazzaGarratt

You can stream to Twitch through your ps4 but it looks oike aa early as next month you'll be able to watch any console stream via the ps4. I struggle to watch this but if i can put it on the tv in the background I'll probably watch more on it.

Forum Signature Test.png

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Source

This article, Following Xbox One, PS4 Getting Twitch App This Year, originally appeared on GameSpot.

Today during the the keynote address at the first-ever TwitchCon conference, Twitch CEO Emmett Shear announced that a Twitch app is coming soon to PlayStation 4, PlayStation 3, and PlayStation Vita.

The app is due out this fall. Twitch functionality is already baked into PS4 through built-in streaming that's available by pressing the DualShock 4's "Share" button. But the new app will let users watch livestreams (those from PS4, PC, and all other platforms) and use full chat functionality (including emotes).

The app was shown off during the TwitchCon keynote today and it looks a lot like the Xbox One version, which has been available since 2014. It will launch first for PS4 in October, followed by PS3, PS Vita, and PlayStation TV.

In other recent news, a Twitch app is coming to Oculus, letting you watch game streams and other content in virtual reality. Twitch was acquired by Amazon in August 2014 in a deal worth $1 billion. 

---------------

I'd really like this if we are able to watch Twitch streams other than PS4 ones.  I'd like to watch some League of Legends Twitch stream.

5abdbe250c715_RespectAll-FearNone.png.9bc1a4f0d1cdab1c7e67e48baf8275b4.png.63941b93d8c1d7bc3f9ca9f365076c45.png

Woohoo! I have been wanting this for a long time; no more watching streams on my phone when I just want to lay down in bed.

Especially with the chat function it will start taking over YouTube for me like it did on the computer.

I'd really like this if we are able to watch Twitch streams other than PS4 ones. I'd like to watch some League of Legends Twitch stream.

Hopefully it releases early October so we can watch the majority of worlds! [emoji16]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kia Ora.