Tablets

BO7H B4RRELS

So... my mom bought my daughter a tablet last year for Christmas.  She absolutely loved it.  But... my wife dropped it into a sink full of dishwater.  It didn't work anymore.  I tried drying it in rice and all of that, but nope.  Anyway... we'd like to buy her a tablet this year for Christmas.  I'm hoping to find something for less than $200.  Preferably $150 ish.  What do I look for in a tablet?  Just a good processor and memory or what?  I don't know shit about tablets.  If you hear of any good deals, let me know, please.  Thanks!

5abdbe250c715_RespectAll-FearNone.png.9bc1a4f0d1cdab1c7e67e48baf8275b4.png.63941b93d8c1d7bc3f9ca9f365076c45.png

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Might want to look at the samsung tab4 in that range.  It's an Android base tablet and I got one for free when I signed up for a business bank account

It's really not great as far as tablets go, but I think it's in your price range. I can do everything I need but I find it rather slow compared to our iPAD

As far as what you should look for, at her age I would think something that has a lot of storage for the apps she wants and a good touch screen

I don't think the screen resolution, speed, camera quality is quite as important

I would recommend an iPAD mini personally but that's probably going to run you around $300

Pat

If there's a considerable difference between the $150-200 and the $300 range, then we might be willing to go up to that.  I want to get her something nice.  I don't want a slow p.o.s.  I'd rather spend a little extra and get her a nice one.  I'm not a big fan of iStuff, but I'd consider it if there's a feature that truly stand out from the others.

How do I know if it's a "good" touch screen?  That's definitely important.  I want it to be fast, and responsive.  The camera resolution isn't important at all.  

5abdbe250c715_RespectAll-FearNone.png.9bc1a4f0d1cdab1c7e67e48baf8275b4.png.63941b93d8c1d7bc3f9ca9f365076c45.png

Charlotte got me a Kindle Fire for Christmas one year. And we got my mom a Kindle Fire HD for Christmas last year and we love it. We use Amazon a lot so it's really nice with Prime and all of that. I read, play games, watch Netflix and you can use Skype. The Kindle Fire also has a butt load of parental controls so you don't have to worry about what she is doing. You can also adjust what she does, have it so she can only play 30 minutes of games but hours of reading.

The only way this wouldn't be the buy for you is if you don't want to use the Amazon Appstore. If you do have Prime then you get a bunch of extra goodies. You would then have Amazon Instant Video, which is just a bunch of Prime (free) movies and TV shows, unlimited cloud space, Prime Music, 2 day free shipping, etc.

My niece has one of these as well. She also has an IPad Mini that she loves. If you don't mind buying a fruit then maybe you can look for a last generation IPad for sale. I'm sure there isn't much of a difference between them.

tumblr_m2ienvKRMM1qfbvj1.gif

It really depends on what she is used to. If she's been an iPhone person than I recommend staying with Apple to make transferring songs and media a lot simpler.

If not, I'd recommend the nexus 7. I bought one two years ago. It was an awesome tablet. I gave it to my mom who loved it. The only issue we had was it stopped charging but I'm putting the blame on my mom. She's a refugee so she thinks the harder you jam the charger in the tablet the quicker it charges.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00DVFLJKQ/ref=mp_s_a_1_2?qid=1441917769&sr=8-2π=SY200_QL40&keywords=Nexus+7&dpPl=1&dpID=4110KvquYrL&ref=plSrch

It really depends on what she is used to. If she's been an iPhone person than I recommend staying with Apple to make transferring songs and media a lot simpler.

If not, I'd recommend the nexus 7. I bought one two years ago. It was an awesome tablet. I gave it to my mom who loved it. The only issue we had was it stopped charging but I'm putting the blame on my mom. She's a refugee so she thinks the harder you jam the charger in the tablet the quicker it charges.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00DVFLJKQ/ref=mp_s_a_1_2?qid=1441917769&sr=8-2&pi=SY200_QL40&keywords=Nexus+7&dpPl=1&dpID=4110KvquYrL&ref=plSrch

She's 5.  She's used to a InnoTab3.  :)   

I've heard good things about the Nexus though, so I'll defintiely look into it.  Thanks man.

Nexus 7 > all. The last gen ones can be had for as little as £45 over here so shop around in Murica. Don't fuck about with anything else. Made by Asus.

The ASUS part is what caught my eye.  I guess the processor kicks ass.  The one I'm looking at on Amazon is a 16 GB for $150.   So, that's probably this gen?  How do I tell what's what?  

http://www.engadget.com/2013/07/24/nexus-7-whats-changed/

The 2015 model launches this month too so the Nexus 7 2013 might drop even more in price.

ACTUALLY!!

The bargain I saw was actually a 2013 model so shop around.

http://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/nexus-7-32gb-49-asda-lowestoft-2277029

banlol.png