Look what followed me home again!

Drifter

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Holy hell Steve, might want to look at popping in some support columns in the basement. xD

If you decide to put your dick in crazy, be ready to change your phone number and relocate.

I actually downsized my tanks back around Jan/Feb so I've only got the 75g that's in the office and the 20g in the workshop. So this will only be tank #3 for me now. Back when I had 8-10 tanks it just got to be a hassle doing water changes all the time. So now I'll just have the two 75's and the 20 and call it good.

Well after a full day or building rods I ended up with a few spare hours this evening so decided to get started on this and not put it off. Gotta try to get what work done when I can.

Started out with areal mess in the utility room where I plan for the tank to go so had to clean all that up before any real work could be done. Quick shot of inside the utility room as well as the view from the front.

Z5oe1u.jpg
K4QvDS.jpg

After getting all that area cleaned up it was time to cut out some braces on the wall that would prevent the tank from mounting flush with the wall itself. Ran into an issue with the footing of the wall. Even though this is not a structural wall at all the footing has to stay because it's old pine board tongue & groove so it needs the footing to help it support the boards. So after thinking about it for awhile I decided the best way to do it would be to build a base that the entire stand would sit on that would be level with the existing footer. That way the stand&tank will fit right up snug to the backside of the wall.

In this pic it is just mocked up with a single board the thickness of the existing footer just to make sure it'll fit good. So tomorrow I'll be headed to Lowes to get some lumber and build a solid base under the stand, then it'll be time to cut the rest of the opening down to fit the tank. Nothing pretty yet but it's just the grunt work right now.

Gfwkdn.jpg

Well you guys know me, I can not leave well enough alone. IMO anything worth doing, is worth OVER doing 8)

So with that in mind, I spent the past two days working on changing the "utility room" behind the future discus tank into a "Discus tank support room"   ;D....Lots of cleaning, scrapped and painted the walls flat white, cleaned the floor and painted smoke grey, mounted some shelves for food and support gear, cleaned and painted the tub, added some area rugs, added 20g tank and stand for over wintering my Koi (still need to pick up another 20g for that tomorrow).

The "support room" for the discus is about done.

AHcubh.jpg

Didn't realize you were going to do a discus tank. I love them, beautiful fish.

Heard they were alot of work to keep, I'm sure you'll have no issues the way it seems you maintain stuff. Lol

BEARDED, FOR HER PLEASURE

Yes you can do Pirhanna tanks. Some states it is illegal such as in Ca and Fl, but here in Mi you can legally own them. They really are not a fish that makes a good looking tank though. They are rather dull in color and nothing special to look at in my opinion.

But you could play 'chicken' with them though. Keep them hungry and invite some friends round. Would be like the ice bucket challenge but with teeth

Like watching your projects though Steve, as a DIY imbecile I'm in awe of what you do