Geek Squad

Commander_Undies

Ok, I made my USB Bootable. Started up BIOS, made my USB the primary and then it wanted to install Windows 7. This is when it told me it couldn't install to my hard drive because the disk may fail soon. So i'm just leaving it be for the night to hear what you guys to have to say. I've been working with it for about 7 plus hours today.

I'm going to email EVGA and explain my situation and see what they have to say about the GPU before I go to bed though.

tumblr_m2ienvKRMM1qfbvj1.gif

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No idea about the hard drive man.  I might have an extra one I can mail you though.  I'll check tomorrow.  I think it's just a 250 GB one, but it would be good enough for you operating system and a couple games.  

Let me know what they say about the GPU.

5abdbe250c715_RespectAll-FearNone.png.9bc1a4f0d1cdab1c7e67e48baf8275b4.png.63941b93d8c1d7bc3f9ca9f365076c45.png

No idea about the hard drive man.  I might have an extra one I can mail you though.  I'll check tomorrow.  I think it's just a 250 GB one, but it would be good enough for you operating system and a couple games.  

Let me know what they say about the GPU.

Just sent the email. We'll see what they say. That'd be cool, let me know buddy.

So I contacted customer support, explained to them the story, to which I got a bullshit sentence of them telling me to register my product with a link. So that leads me to believe that they didn't even read what I said. Sent them a response stating that he didn't read what I said. We'll see if they actually read it this time.

Which one was that? EVGA or WD?

Phone them. If you want a cookie cutter response every time you get in touch which leaves you stuck, email them. If you want to actually progress and speak to someone who will actually help, phone them. Don't be shy, don't be rude, aggressive, impatient or difficult. Listen to them and play your cards right. Remember: you always catch more bees with honey.

Explain to them what the score is, play the pity card a bit (fuck your pride, you're never gonna meet these people), and ask for help. Odds are they'll help out. 

banlol.png

Which one was that? EVGA or WD?

Phone them. If you want a cookie cutter response every time you get in touch which leaves you stuck, email them. If you want to actually progress and speak to someone who will actually help, phone them. Don't be shy, don't be rude, aggressive, impatient or difficult. Listen to them and play your cards right. Remember: you always catch more bees with honey.

Explain to them what the score is, play the pity card a bit (fuck your pride, you're never gonna meet these people), and ask for help. Odds are they'll help out.

That was EVGA. They said to reach out to Newegg and see if they can help get me the serial number.

I understand. I just wanted to get so much done yesterday and I didn't have time to phone at the end of the day and just wanted to see if I could get anywhere with an email.

That sucks man, hopefully you hear back soon.

Sent you a text!

Hey guys! Back from vacation. I received my hard drive just a few days ago. Finally had time on this fine Sunday to install it. Took no time at all and I'm currently installing Windows 7 with the trusty USB full of Diddums awesome stuffs. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for a smooth installation. :)

When did this start happening? Immediately after you installed windows or after installing other software?

There seems to be instructions to download the file here http://systemexplorer.net/file-database/file/raptr_ep64-exe

The file seems to be used for games and other video software

Have a look here http://www.freefixer.com/library/file/raptr_ep64.exe-142890/

You can try the clean boot they document here to see if it helps

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/929135

It would 

1) look for the raptr_ep64.exe file to see if it is there

2) if it is there, rename it to something else (so that it doesn't run) and see what happens

3) if it is not there install it, the problem might be due to it being missing

4) Do those with you internet being setup on the machine. Some of the problems seem to be due to the lact of an internet connection

Pat

When did this start happening? Immediately after you installed windows or after installing other software?

There seems to be instructions to download the file here http://systemexplorer.net/file-database/file/raptr_ep64-exe

The file seems to be used for games and other video software

Have a look here http://www.freefixer.com/library/file/raptr_ep64.exe-142890/

You can try the clean boot they document here to see if it helps

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/929135

It would 

1) look for the raptr_ep64.exe file to see if it is there

2) if it is there, rename it to something else (so that it doesn't run) and see what happens

3) if it is not there install it, the problem might be due to it being missing

4) Do those with you internet being setup on the machine. Some of the problems seem to be due to the lact of an internet connection

Pat

Thanks, I think this did the trick. I've never had this problem before with raptr and their software.

That's what I had original suspected. I think you had driver or software conflicts in there somewhere. Actually we know you do because of that rapr_ep64 issue.

Re-installing everything get rid of shit that didn't get uninstalled or over written when you put something new on.

Also since you have a pirated windows version you do not get automatic updates which some of those drivers might be depending on when they are updated.

Keep testing you hardware and be wary of some of the freeware shit that people download. Some has Malware introduced to it. For example they slow down your machine purposely just so that they can get you to pay to speed it up.

I think you hardware is fine. Hardware failures usually don't behave that way. That was a performance issue.