The Scale of the Universe

Palle

For all you big thinkers, science and space fanatics (or if you never really thought about how vast the universe possibly could be)...

Here.  http://htwins.net/scale2/

Side note: It would probably be a perfect thing to watch when stoned or drunk. I'm not either of those but I'm putting on my favorite ambient/spacy track in the background.

I remember seeing that a while back, and it still blows my mind.  Our little galaxy always seems so big to us but it's just a drop in the ocean.  We are used to seeing the little scale model of the planets in the classroom, but it's not accurate at all as far as scale and distance (it can't be, so it's understandable), but that taints our view of how things really are.  That's just our galaxy, then you think about the universe... the possibility of a multi-verse... crazy shit man, crazy shit.  

5abdbe250c715_RespectAll-FearNone.png.9bc1a4f0d1cdab1c7e67e48baf8275b4.png.63941b93d8c1d7bc3f9ca9f365076c45.png

I remember seeing that a while back, and it still blows my mind.  Our little galaxy always seems so big to us but it's just a drop in the ocean.  We are used to seeing the little scale model of the planets in the classroom, but it's not accurate at all as far as scale and distance (it can't be, so it's understandable), but that taints our view of how things really are.  That's just our galaxy, then you think about the universe... the possibility of a multi-verse... crazy shit man, crazy shit.  

I agree. Thinking too much about this can probably make you go crazy.  have absolutely no doubt anymore that there is life elsewhere in the universe.

Many times I have been thinking that maybe when you die, you just kind of "wake up" as a being in another part of the universe. Much like most of us do here on earth, thinking "Where am I? Who am I? Why am I?". Kind of re-incarnation but not really.

We were born into where we are now, but before that it is completely blank right? We can't recall anything before being born. Imagine just that happening "again" another place. I say "again" because really it is the first time living in that place, but with the consciousness you have right now (in another medium). Like a soul. You would still be you but at the same time not, because everything would be blank like before you were born here in our world (probably, anyway) just that your body is a different one in a different place. Perhaps we would think the exact same thoughts about it as we do now.

I have also been wondering why you end up as person you are now. Why am I me and not some rich dude on a beach in the Caribbeans drinking a beer right now. I am not talking about life experience or success but rather why you are placed in the body you have right now. Why is this my body? Why am I me and not you? Why the hell am I not a dolphin or an eagle? lol.

I hope this makes at least some sense, really difficult putting what I am thinking into words...

Can't see it on an iPad but I think I've seen it before. It leaves me with two thoughts, the first is serious and the second is also serious but typed with a smile:-

I love the way some of you guys on here think about things and are also able to express those thoughts intelligently

and

isn't God wonderful?

fa91d1c7-2525-4709-a13b-ae6fabba557e.jpg

Thanks to Capn_Underpants for the artwork

We were born into where we are now, but before that it is completely blank right? We can't recall anything before being born. Imagine just that happening "again" another place. I say "again" because really it is the first time living in that place, but with the consciousness you have right now (in another medium). Like a soul. You would still be you but at the same time not, because everything would be blank like before you were born here in our world (probably, anyway) just that your body is a different one in a different place. Perhaps we would think the exact same thoughts about it as we do now.

Yep thinking too much about stuff like that will make you go crazy. That's the sort of shit we all think about late at night when lying in  bed unable to sleep and your mind races to that and thoughts of how one day "I" will actually die... me...ME ..Dead, can you imgaine that? (tell me you haven't thought that exact thing as well ;) )

To be honest though I don't like to think about those sort of things like what happens after life et etc. I guess it all depends on your beliefs such as God and what created us. I believe in God and believe something happens to the soul after death (just my personal belief) but even if I did or didn't thats still some stuff that can make you go nuts thinking about while you are alive.