Aquarium thread

Drifter

I absolutely LOVE Phenochilus haps. I think they are one of the best looking fish out there. When I was at the LFS on Saturday I saw this guy and knew instantly he was making the trip back home with me. He's about 6" and just great looking and active. I think as he grows he's gonna be a real stunner.

8iv8.jpg

FINALLY...just finished resealing the tank. I'm "mostly" happy with the reseal job so far, looks wise I would say passable but not perfect. Since this is my very first reseal though and its so dang big I guess it's not expected to be perfect. There's a few spots where there's some excess silicone that my finger pushed out too far because I did not use any tape. Since every seal in the tank will be covered by the 3D background though none of those spots worry me because they will not be seen anyway.

Far as structural integrity of the reseal job (the important part) I am pretty confident it all went very well. I pushed the new silicone deep into the corners and laid some nice long beads without any spots that look suspect, so I believe it should be a pretty sound job hopefully. We'll find out in about 7-8 days I guess.

Couple pics....
m1rf.jpg

5bs4.jpg

Well it is now 100% full and has been for the past 30 mins now and still all dry/no leaks. I also put a 730gph submersible pump into the tank to blow the water around against all the seams. Just as kind of a "real world" test like it will have when the filters are running. I don't want to speak too soon and jinx myself, but I am close to thinking my first reseal job might be a success.

I will say this though. Nothing is as nerve wracking as leak testing a tank that holds 2120lbs of water. Every little noise sent chills down my spine. The furnace room is right behind the tank area and when the heat clicked on .....well lets just say I almost leak tested my drawers!

2snv.jpg

Can't believe this about an hour ago I went down to check again and I found 2" of water in the basement and the tank less than half empty. I can't take this crap anymore I am done wit this BS. After 12+ hrs with not a drip all the sudden theres a major blow out. I feel like I wasted a whole damn year for nothing on that damn tank. I'm done I have reached my limit I'm so frustrated right now I done know which end is up.

I had ZERO intention of coming home with a new fish today when I stopped in to buy some dechlorinator. I walked by one of the peacock/hap tanks and saw this lone male Dimidiochromis compressiceps (Malawi eyebiter) in it at about 6-7" long and showing some outstanding blue already. Since the LFS I visit does store reward points for every purchase I had already built up over $25 worth of credit in the past year so I used it to pay the majority of the price on this guy.

87gs4.jpg