Good source for Rosetta Stone Spanish?

Docwagon

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry, I have no ideas. But I can give a mini review of Rosetta Stone, just in case you hadn't used it before. When I went to Iraq, they selected some of us to learn Arabic. We used Rosetta Stone. At first it was really easy, you had to figure out what was being referred to (choice of 4 pictures). But eventually it started getting tough and there wasn't any feedback as to what the correct one was.  I didn't get to use it very much so I might have missed an important feature or something.  But it would say a word, there would be 4 pictures. You had to guess the picture, then it went to the next one.  But it never told me what the specific english word was for what was being pronounced.

Keep calm and question nothing.

Bit off topic, as I have no idea about Rosetta Stone, but a massive help for me when learning a foreign language is to find tv shows that are in English, but subtitled in that language. 

I had a roommate who taught himself Japanese that way.  Or at least he thought he did...

My wife watched Friends subtitled to help her with her English.

I just want something I can use on my work computer to expand my basic Spanish. 

I tried Pimsleur with Arabic and it was terrible.  Rosetta gave me a pretty good start on Arabic, though, enough that I wasn't totally lost when native speakers started helping me along.

I've got a basic level of Spanish, I just need to build on it.  My verb tenses are terrible, for example, and my vocabulary needs to expand.  Thanks for the links, Palle, I'll check them out.