Stuff I've bought - ONLY SELF TAKEN PHOTOS!

Diddums

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Technically leased instead of bought, but I've bought it for 3 years:

20150521_193429_zps26222ae3.jpg

20150521_193347_zpsf0c25b7e.jpg

20150521_193238_zpscef7badb.jpg

20150521_193218_zpsad597ab1.jpg

20150521_175450_zps7dd77b3c.jpg

New car for my wife, replacing her 2008 Taurus.  We really liked the Taurus but since my grandmother died there are never more than 3 of us in the car.  We use the truck for our annual Christmas trip, so trunk space wasn't quite the concern it used to be, etc.  We elected to downsize to a midsize sedan or small SUV.  We have a good relationship with a Chrysler salesman at the dealership I bought my truck at a few years ago so we stopped in to see what our options were.  The owner is running a "employee pricing for everyone" promotion, we had a $500 loyalty rebate floating around from my truck purchase,  there's a bunch of Chrysler incentives to lease the 200 or the Cherokee right now, and in general the stars were just sort of aligned to do it this month.

In short, we traded in the 2008 Tarus and got a 2015 Chrysler 200 Sport stickering at $29,505 with options for $274.01/mo for 36 months, $0 out of pocket, and $4250 back to us.  We drove the Taurus an average of 8000 miles a year, so 10k/yr is enough for us which helped keep the costs down.  

We did drive a Cherokee Latitude and it was really nice as well.  The cost would have been within $20/month.  We went with the 200 primarily because the seats are so comfortable.  The fact its stupidly quick for what should be an econo-box and still gets 36mpg highway helped a bit, but really the Cherokee got reasonable mpg and was surprisingly quick and agile in its own right.  We drove it on a 350 mile round trip yesterday and averaged 35.8 mpg, so its right at its advertised fuel economy.

http://www.motortrend.com/roadtests/sedans/1410_2015_chrysler_200s_awd_first_test/

SnGHol.jpg

Here's what I just bought....A $3000 smile lol. I just had my last dental appt about an hour ago. Worst part of owning your own business is the lack of health/dental so I have to pay out of pocket. So for the past 3 yrs I have been ashamed of my smile and never smiled. Just got done with getting some root canals, extractions, couple bridges and other various work done. So I just bought my smile back, so guess that counts as something I have bought :D

Here's what I just bought....A $3000 smile lol. I just had my last dental appt about an hour ago. Worst part of owning your own business is the lack of health/dental so I have to pay out of pocket. So for the past 3 yrs I have been ashamed of my smile and never smiled. Just got done with getting some root canals, extractions, couple bridges and other various work done. So I just bought my smile back, so guess that counts as something I have bought :D

Even if you have dental insurance, its basically a discount plan.  I paid over $6k for my wife last year.

Anyway, looks like you need to pay for one more button on that shirt, you sexy beast, you.

Yeah that's the truth, with insurance they just hike up the price to bleed the insurance company more. I actually went to a couple dentist before this one getting prices. The first one was $5300 for the same work I just had done for $3000. The dentist I just had do the work is amazing. Best price around, and he's unreal. I was in the chair for over 2 hrs last week getting root canals and extractions and yet it was 100% pain free and was not even sore after the numbness wore off. The guy is the only one I will ever go back too from now on, he's great.

CHRXLc.jpg

N8hFBW.jpg

u3Dzz0.jpg

Since I do so much biking now I decided to buy myself a new toy today and bought this 29" tire/21 speed bike. Not a super high dollar bike by any means but a great improvement over my current one which needed 50ft to stop and popped the chain every other time on the road lol.

I think I've got the primer issue worked out.  There were some machining marks on the hammer that created a high spot, reducing the amount of energy transferred to the transfer bar that works the firing pin.  I polished it up with a file and it's reliably setting off hard primers now.

Ruger's stainless steel is harder than Chinese arithmetic.  It took awhile to get it smooth.

Good to hear. Have you had to smooth out the hammer before on other revolvers or were you just looking it over and noticed that?

First time.  I called Ruger and they said they'd send me some new moon clips, but I tried it with .45 Colt (which doesn't use moon clips) and had the same issue.  I Googled and found several people who'd had the same issue with the Redhawk and had either installed a longer firing pin or shaved the hammer.  Shaving the hammer is well within my skill set.  Replacing a Redhawk firing pin requires a machine shop and is beyond my reach.  I looked at the frame where the hammer hits and saw the transfer of the cross hatching developing in the lower right corner and realized that the hammer wasn't hitting square.  Filing it flat and removing a few hundreths of an inch fixed that.

Apparently the Redhawk has a different spring system than the GP100 and other DA revolvers Ruger makes.  It uses one spring for everything, so you need to maximize the striking power of that spring or you get one that makes the trigger pull really heavy.  Apparently if you shim the hammer in addition to shaving it a bit you can install a lower weight spring and drop the trigger weight a bit, but I'm not going to do that.  I'd rather have 100% ignition with any ammunition than a 1-lb lighter trigger.