Momentum

cyberninja2601

Have you guys tried it?

It's actually a fun mode if you can get a team that PTFO. It's awful if you have people protecting their K/D or playing for their streaks.

You can accumulate a lot of points with it, It's also pretty well balanced. I played to a tie 3/4 times yesterday

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tried and it does very much depend on having reasonably balanced teams, or it can be over very quickly. But probably the most fun I have had on this CoD so far (not played much to be fair)

Also tried Uplink, fun but with the potential to be the spawn killing game of this CoD

Yeah, it's as fun as I hoped it'd be

But it all depends on the maps.

Since most of the maps suck massive giga-a$$, it's a painful tedious trudge if you're on the wrong side of them, like Instinct, Biolab, Detroit, or the one with a Paladin in the middle.

And playing against killwhores? Oh, the worst.

There's no point in "defending" if you make zero effort to catch the flag.

I was playing on Detroit once with friends, and after the (not kidding) 6th time of capturing the middle flag, getting pushed back in the next, I told my team to wait up and stop moving.

Silence. There was silence for about 30 seconds.

The f*cking bastards were camping alongside their spawn waiting for us to cap the neutral flag so they can push us back for kills. It was awful.

DM9ON.png

It's been a weird day for me in this mode - I've seen it all: Went 40-40, won a match before I even selected my class, lost despite capping 11 flags and won a match going 11-34 with me finishing top despite still finishing behind the worst player on the losing side. It's a great mode but it feels like demo/sabotage with the player mentality of the people that play. Some great players out there going for the win but others are just killwhoring and to hell with objectives. Even saw a guy going 73-17 and he still only finished 3rd on the leaderboard. You really need a full party for this mode without fail or at least 3 other players with some form of a brain cell. 

The thing that really fucked me off was starting a match; losing a couple of flags as my team were fucking idiots and then 3 of them rage quit when they were going 0-1 and we were under the cosh. They were killwhores who couldn't handle being pinned back and dying once. We then lost the match easily with just me and some poor fool left over.  Same shitty COD mentality that we've seen for years with people quitting when they meet a challenge and they can't killwhore like they thought they would. 

It's been a weird day for me in this mode - I've seen it all: Went 40-40, won a match before I even selected my class, lost despite capping 11 flags and won a match going 11-34 with me finishing top despite still finishing behind the worst player on the losing side. It's a great mode but it feels like demo/sabotage with the player mentality of the people that play. Some great players out there going for the win but others are just killwhoring and to hell with objectives. Even saw a guy going 73-17 and he still only finished 3rd on the leaderboard. You really need a full party for this mode without fail or at least 3 other players with some form of a brain cell. 

The thing that really fucked me off was starting a match; losing a couple of flags as my team were fucking idiots and then 3 of them rage quit when they were going 0-1 and we were under the cosh. They were killwhores who couldn't handle being pinned back and dying once. We then lost the match easily with just me and some poor fool left over.  Same shitty COD mentality that we've seen for years with people quitting when they meet a challenge and they can't killwhore like they thought they would. 

*like*

Pretty much sums it up

It's a frustrating ordeal if you don't have the right teamates, and your KDR WILL suffer, but nothing beats the feeling of winning with one, long, continuous assault generated out of stubborness and pulled-out-my-a$$ ballsyness.

DM9ON.png

Well  I  know that I've been on the shitty side of a couple of connections and seen people warp back in fort a couple of times on that mode so I quit.  Unfortunately that's also part of the community experience since they can't seem to get proper connections or servers since MW2

I've gotten back into AW this week and played Momentum pretty much non-stop and it's definitely the best mode in the whole game and it's a shame we haven't seen it in other matches since WAW as it's fantastic and frantic fun throughout. It kinda turns the game into a classic arena-style MP battle which isn't a typical COD format but it bloody works and works well. The spawns are a bit iffy and there will always be retarded teammates but I cannot express how much fun there is in this mode. The mechanics and general pace of the game are really suited to it too.