PS4 & PVR, possible?

Stretch616

So I wondered if anyone had seen any further information on this. To the best of my understanding at the moment the PS4 will only have HDMI output facility, but that will be copyright protected to the same degree that it currently is on the PS3. Therefore making game capturing impossible. Now I know that they have the share function attatched the the controller which will give you some form of game uploading, but if the above is correct then any PS4 users can kiss goodbye to any commentary, montage or anything else that would require a PVR & editing program software.

I didn't think that Sony would've done this but they've not said anything to the contrary and XBOX has been quite the opposite in saying that it will be supported. So i'm kinda concerned that their silence is saying all it needs to.

Record, yes. Stream, no.

Do you guys really think that Sony will be able to take away recording? An adapter will do the trick, get back to recording, and voila. If the PS4 comes with a built in PVR it'll be crap, mark my words.

banlol.png

HDMI is HDMI. If Sony started putting protection on that then millions of tellies worldwide wouldn't be able to display anything.

The signal will be the same no matter what, there's no changing that. Shove a PVR inbetween and voila.

Only problem might be once stuff starts getting onto the 'tube. Youtube might start taking clips off once Sony starts having a little moan, but we're in need of a replacement for Youtube anyways, so this would be the perfect opportunity for someone to start something up.

banlol.png

http://www.hdfury.com/products/hdfuryiii-specs/

I've just been reading up on this Dave, and HDMI is not all the same. It often comes with built in HDCP copy protection which prevents unapproved devices (i.e., recording devices) from deciphering the encrypted signal.

If you decide to put your dick in crazy, be ready to change your phone number and relocate.

Add: HDMI to component adapters only work for unprotected HDMI signals.

//I'm not an expert, just been reading about it the past 20 minutes or so.

If you decide to put your dick in crazy, be ready to change your phone number and relocate.

It'll never work, trust me. Gamers won't let that shit fly, there are millions of us, and if 1% of those get pissed off enough to actually do something, you can expect all sorts of hacking shit to be all ove rthe internet in no time.

banlol.png