This came out pretty cool

Drifter

As some of you know I run my own business building custom rods for a living. Lately I have been wanting to build just an absolutely insanely modified fly rod that would test my skills with all sorts of tricks and extras on it. Pretty much build with excess for no other reason than because I wanted too lol. So in between customer rods I've been building this fly rod. Everything on it is all hand turned and custom made, I hand made the grip with various 1/2" cork rings and blue foam accent rings (craft foam) then did 11 coats of polyurethane with each coat hand smoothed and buffed between the next coat. All the colors you see on the rod, the blue, silver, black is all wrapped thread with finish over it. used a piece of hand turned Lacewood for the reel seat, pretty much just wanted to build a show piece of a rod. So this is what I ended up with.

iATlU7.jpg
NwkYoh.jpg
Khb5Qc.jpg
87NexP.jpg
igbMPs.jpg
HWbgOp.jpg
YvttsM.jpg
mHGlpY.jpg
gjtxHE.jpg
7y3cQw.jpg
wIfj35.jpg

I ordered a rod from Steve a few years back as a gift for my father-in-law.  I'm telling you first hand, he makes beautiful, quality rods at reasonable prices.    

He never spams his site on here, but I'll give him a free plug.    If you need a rod, or just want to check out some more of his work, visit his site:

zmcfr_02.jpg

5abdbe250c715_RespectAll-FearNone.png.9bc1a4f0d1cdab1c7e67e48baf8275b4.png.63941b93d8c1d7bc3f9ca9f365076c45.png