Mission Rewards WT

JsinOwl

It seems to me like I'm not getting mission rewards anymore and searching the interwebz has not yielded any solid information. Some possibilities are that it's simply random and I've been unlucky, you don't get rewards for replaying missions, you don't get rewards for missions of a certain level compared to yours, you don't get rewards if you die during the mission, you don't get mission rewards once your level 20 etc. 

If this is happening to you as well and you'd like to help get to the bottom of it, you need to collect the following information. If you can't be arsed, I completely understand, I'm asking for a lot. If you want to help, please collect ALL the info, partial data will only confuse the issue.

1) Type of mission: Strike, Raid, Story

2) How was it selected (use the following codes):

a. S - Standard mission, selected from the regional map

b. D - Daily heroic story mission

c. W - Weekly heroic strike mission

d. P - Strike playlist

3) Your level

4) Mission level

5) Mission modifiers: Heroic, Mythic, Nightfall, Arc Burn, Juggler, Lightswitch, etc.

6) First time playing the mission: yes, no

7) Number of deaths

8) Mission reward: 0, 1, or 2 items and their rarity

If you decide to put your dick in crazy, be ready to change your phone number and relocate.

I'll help with the info on my next missions, but once you're done with the story the only way of getting loot on story missions is through Engram drops. Whereas if you run the Vanguard strike missions you'll get 1/2 rares, engram drops, vanguard marks and vanguard xp. That's all i've been doing so far, it's just a case of being lucky with the drops. I've only got rares so far but i'm well on the way to just buying my first Legendary pce in the next day or 2.

Edit: Weekly and daily missions are also a one time only reward

Yeah, I think that's the issue. I was replaying story missions on higher difficulty and not getting any mission rewards. Then I went into the strike playlist and was getting them like normal. The think I felt cheated over was doing the Daily Heroic story mission and not getting any mission reward at the end. *shakes fist*

Thanks for the offer to help, but I guess we've got it sorted.

You know that by trading in spinmetal, blooms, helium things, and relic iron to the vanguard quartermaster you get +25 rep, +5 vanguard marks, glimmer, and +1 mote of light? Holy shit. I don't know if that's every time or what, but that's what I just got for 50 spirit blooms.

If you decide to put your dick in crazy, be ready to change your phone number and relocate.

Yeah, I think that's the issue. I was replaying story missions on higher difficulty and not getting any mission rewards. Then I went into the strike playlist and was getting them like normal. The think I felt cheated over was doing the Daily Heroic story mission and not getting any mission reward at the end. *shakes fist*

Thanks for the offer to help, but I guess we've got it sorted.

You know that by trading in spinmetal, blooms, helium things, and relic iron to the vanguard quartermaster you get +25 rep, +5 vanguard marks, glimmer, and +1 mote of light? Holy shit. I don't know if that's every time or what, but that's what I just got for 50 spirit blooms.

Some of the stuff you find on different planets are also used when upgrading Legendary and Exotic gear and weapons. So don't go waisting away all your resources.