Raids

Stretch616

We'll use this thread to organise time, availability and raid tactics.

First raid is live next week which has an entry level of 26. We'll need 2 x full fireteams to participate. I'll post thoughts later on what kind of team makeup i think we'd need

You're in the Vanguard faction until or unless you specifically change to one of the other ones. I have no idea what the benefits are. They offer unique Legendary gear maybe?

If you decide to put your dick in crazy, be ready to change your phone number and relocate.

When you run the higher level strikes, missions etc.. you'll get better gear. Specifically on the armour you'll see a "light" statistic on it. When you equip this, it increases you level beyond 20. As i remember, an overall light statistic of 20 will get you to "level 21". Then it's just a case of increasing your light stat based on your loot drops. Obviously higher level raids are more likely to drop higher light level gear.

I hope that made sense!!

Also the Owl is right on the faction front. The only difference i've seen so far is down to what legendary gear is available. I guess it's to make you work for a full set of gear that affects a certain stat criteria

Bungie posted the stats for the first team to beat the raid.

They had 5,733 kills and died 1,604 times. THEY DIED ONE THOUSAND SIX HUNDRED TIMES.

A couple of fun facts to consider:

1. There's a trophy for completing the raid with no one in your fireteam dying. Keep in mind these guys died SIXTEEN HUNDRED times.

2. This was on "normal". The raid also has a hard mode.

Raid's should be (afaik) a permanent addition to the game. Any other MMO out there has multiple raids of varying difficulties and level ranges.

In fact with the vast promises Bungie has made i would be surprised if we didn't get another raid next month

I'm at level 26 now and ready to have a go at this. Haven't read or watched anything about the raid though. I want to be surprised by what it throws at me.

In all honesty, I've watched a lot of the raid, and done a lot of research.. I'd wait until level 28 maybe 27.