Skyrim Tips/Tricks/Mods/Skill Trees

So I got Skyrim Legendary Edition as an early gift for my birthday and don't know which kind of character I want.

On Xbox 360, I never ever played a game like this, I had no idea what I was doing and my skill trees were fucked up to the max.

On the PS3, I think I played a sneaky warrior. Way more enjoyable since I actually stuck with a few select trees.

PC, I'm not sure what I want to do. I want to try two handed, but not having a shield worries me. But then I should be wearing heavy armor so it all balances out right?

I would also LOVE to try archery but I feel like it's super weak. At least early in the game. I would shoot something with a bow I've picked up and it takes a lot of shots to actually kill something. And what do you do when you're in CQC? I'm not Katniss or anything.

Any tips or recommendations?

Any mods for Skyrim that you guys suggest? Shoot me a link for it please.

I have never played any of the DLC, that's what i'm absolutely looking forward to. I think if I remember correctly there are vampires and stuff. Woo! :D

tumblr_m2ienvKRMM1qfbvj1.gif

My favorite class was a stealth archer/dagger elf.

Sneak attack multiple adds up on bows. Combine that with smithing to make stronger bows and you shouldn't have much trouble.

Throw poison on the arrows for even more damage.

If I remember right I was almost osk dragons.

BEARDED, FOR HER PLEASURE

My favourite character was a stealth Mage. Illusion can make enemies fight amongst themselves or run scared, and destruction magic is fun as hell. Alteration and conjuration can also be useful, letting you turn invisible or summoning Daedra to fight for you. Silent casting is essential for the stealth route.

My only problem with stealth archery is that you can get to the point where you one shot everything and there's no challenge.

My first one was a Nord I went shield and one handed. My second time through I was a wood elf. Stealth archer with daggers. Heavy on the enchanting tree too. Then I tried a dark elf. Wasn't to fond of the magic.

My favorite class was a stealth archer/dagger elf. Sneak attack multiple adds up on bows. Combine that with smithing to make stronger bows and you shouldn't have much trouble. Throw poison on the arrows for even more damage. If I remember right I was almost osk dragons.

I think this is what I'm gonna do. Do you remember which tree you started putting points in first?

I think this is what I'm gonna do. Do you remember which tree you started putting points in first?

It's been a while, but I believe that I got archery up to a acceptable damage level, while also focusing on stealth equally.

The unfortunate part of this build is you also need smithing (what build don't you I guess, maybe a caster) to make better daggers and bows/arrows.

Join the dark brotherhood and get their gear ASAP. For the back stab gloves and other shit that helps(vague, but like I said, it's been awhile)

Don't forget to find jewelry that increases archery damage/sneak.

You can use poison to coat the arrows, but don't start building up alchemy right away, get sneak and archery high first.

Don't worry much about armor, if you sneak good you'll hardly ever get hit.

That's all I remember off the top of my head. Hope that helps.

BEARDED, FOR HER PLEASURE

A sneaky archer sounds fun! I want to try and play tonight. It's just the hardest part is me figuring out what I want to be.

That's why I had so many characters.

Mace/Shield Orc, stealthy assassin cat guy (forgot their name), magic caster, etc. etc.

Its why Skyrim is so awesome.  Its like a pack of games in one.

That's why I had so many characters.

Mace/Shield Orc, stealthy assassin cat guy (forgot their name), magic caster, etc. etc.

Its why Skyrim is so awesome.  Its like a pack of games in one.

Yep! I hear ya. I want so many different things, so I'm sure this game will keep my attention for a very long time.

Hopefully, people keep joining in, because I know this archer won't be the only character I make.

I think you also want to think about which companions (if any) you are going to want to spend time to determine the character. Lydia for example is pretty useless if you want to be stealth and sneak up on people. 

I played elves with the bow and max archery and smiting 

I played  orc with armor and double handed weapons. I had the dragon armor

I played wood elf with sneak and destruction magic

You can max sneak and archery and destruction magic by going in Draugr dungeons and sneak up on the ones that are sleeping and kill them. That counts as a sneak attack and allows you to level those skills up quickly. 

The were all a lot of fun. 

Recently made a dual-dagger, sneak character on legendary. That's been very challenging but fun.

My brother did that. He joined the dark brotherhood, had his sneak and pickpocket up so high he stole Astrid's Blade of Woe and then when he finished the brotherhoods quest he got another one so he ended up having duel Blade of Woe daggers. :) He also leveled up his Illusion so he could be invisible a lot of the time. I was jelly with how sneaky he was.

Looks great, I haven't added any mods to the game yet. Any recommendations?

I'm not sure man, it's been a while since I've messed with it.  Heiman recommended some to me a while back, but I forget the names.  

5abdbe250c715_RespectAll-FearNone.png.9bc1a4f0d1cdab1c7e67e48baf8275b4.png.63941b93d8c1d7bc3f9ca9f365076c45.png