Mass Effect 3 Multiplayer Thread

The Black Widow is great, no debate there. I'm just saying that the CSR is also a very nice piece of kit, and yet it's very rare to see people using it.

I'll adjust my prior statement from people be dumb, to people be boring. (Doesn't have the same ring though.)

/You never see people using the Incisor either, but that's perfectly understandable. :D

//Now if I could just find a way to make the Spitfire not suck...

If you decide to put your dick in crazy, be ready to change your phone number and relocate.

So...

apparently the Krogan Sentinel's Lift Grenades can only detonate Fire Explosions on targets that can be lifted (read: things not worth exploding). That's a kick in the groin for ya, makes Incinerate next to worthless. Used a respec card on him to dump Incinerate and max out passives and Fitness, then handed him the heaviest weapons with the heaviest mods, like Claymore with Omni-Blade and High-Velocity Barrel. Commence destruction.

If you decide to put your dick in crazy, be ready to change your phone number and relocate.

The Typhoon and Destroyer go together like Peanut Butter and Jelly.

I love this class so much, I'd marry it if I could and make little Destroyer babies.
http://kalence.drupalgardens.com/me3-builder#28!1F04555!!..Z5!F88.GO

No sir. Though I will say Devastator Mode is one of the best passive weapon buffs there is.  ;)

Yeah, any of the weapons that spool up for a higher RoF or DPS are helped out tremendously by his resistance to stagger.  The beam assault rifle works great, too, especially with a good ammo passive like inferno.

I never saw the Hawk missiles do enough damage to be worth the lack of weapon passives, especially since they don't recognize when there is a wall between you and the opponent and will routinely smack into walls and ceilings, wasting the shot.

I like how the Hawk staggers mooks, that's really all I ask of it. The match I played earlier was versus Cerberus and it essentially let me ignore Troopers, Centurions, and Nemesis while I unloaded on Atlases, err, Atli, whatever. The muti-frag makes quick work of Dragoons and Phantoms, all in all, I felt unstoppable. I finished with 150k points, 75 kills, and zero consumables used: no rockets, no medi-gel, no ops packs, no thermal clips. I think I went down twice. It was awesome.

To a lesser extent, if a character has a unique and/or distinctive ability, I feel compelled to make use of it. If I want to play a pure weaponsmith with frags, I can play the human soldier. Speaking of which, I played some Battlefield 3 soldier today and did well. I had the Particle Rifle on him and skipped Carnage entirely in favor of maxed out passives.

Talk to me about how you play Volus Adept. I go back and forth between Stasis Sniping with orbs maxed out for recharge and a more adepty build with orbs maxed for offense including the rank 6 expose evolution.

//Connections were extremely wonky last night.

Mass Effect 3 Multiplayer - What is it?

Relation to the story:

For the uninitiated, The Reapers are the primary antagonists of the Mass Effect story. They are an ancient race of sentient semi-organic machines that spend most of their time in hibernation in the empty space beyond the limits of the Milky Way Galaxy. Every 50,000 years they return and purge the galaxy of all advanced life. They do this basically because they think any organic race allowed to advance unchecked will eventually fuck everything up.

Well, the shit has hit the fan, the Reapers have arrived and they're intent on wiping us all out. In ME3 multiplayer we play as special operatives representing a variety of the galaxy's most prominent races: Asari, Salarians, Turians, Quarians, Krogan, Batarians, Volus, Drell, Geth, Human, and one Awakened Collector. We form four person squads and attempt to complete critical missions in the struggle against the Reapers.

To complicate matters, the reapers aren't the only enemy in our way. There are a faction of Geth, the Heretics, that worship the Reapers (or Old Machines as they call them) as gods and fight on their side. Cerberus is human terrorist organization with its own twisted plans. The Collectors are an ancient race that has been broken and indoctrinated by the Reapers to serve as semi-autonomous minions. These are the enemies arrayed against us.

Format:

ME3 multiplayer is 4 person co-op in a horde mode type format. Before a game. you select the character you want to play and equip them. Once the match starts, you must survive 10 waves of enemies with special objectives to complete during waves 3, 6, and 10. You earn experience, advance in level, and when you complete objectives you get credits. Credits can be spent in the "store" between games. You buy packs, similar to trading card games, with each pack consisting of five random items. This is how you unlock new characters to play, new weapons to use, strengthen the weapons you already have, get weapon mods, and consumable items. As you advance in level, you earn skill points to spend on your character and customize them to suit your playstyle.

Not only is the game a straight-up blast to play, but the variety of characters, build possibilities and weapons keep things perpetually fresh. You'll find yourself wanting to keep playing so you can buy another pack and see what new possibilities it contains.

It's very much one of those games that the more you put into it, the more you get out of it. The nice thing is that you can choose to play whatever difficulty level suits your skill and desire for challenge.

It's very much one of those games that the more you put into it, the more you get out of it. The nice thing is that you can choose to play whatever difficulty level suits your skill and desire for challenge.

Or you get overconfident, think your skill and desire for challenge are much greater than they are, and get served up a nice big slice of humble pie :D

Not that I had that happen or anything...

I think I finally have a Geth Engineer build I'm happy with.

http://kalence.drupalgardens.com/me3-builder#35!1C04555!!13951343!8F.AG9

Accuracy and movement speed bonuses from Hunter Mode compensate for two of the Spitfires big weaknesses. Piercing mod and drill rounds allow you to kill shit through walls thanks again to Hunter Mode. Overload isn't the best option because the Spitfire shreds shields anyway and once you've got it wound up to full speed, you don't want to be stopping to fire Overload. Just launch a turret at your feet for shield buff or lob it at enemies to increase your damage output and provide a distraction. Maxing out fitness and using Shield Booster makes you reasonably not frail even with Hunter Mode engaged.