Sleeping Dogs Revisited

Whats every ones thoughts on this game?

I always felt that this was one of the best sleeper titles ever released.

The Driving just works, There isn't anything fancy about it. There isn't any crazy Saints Row style physics gimmicks. Also there isn't the level of detail that GTA brings to customization. Regardless it just works, each car feels different, each motorocycle or scooter all handle differently, which is what you want and expect.

Damage appears and changes your car, which it should.

The story was beyond amazing, it was one of the few times where characters stayed true to themselves, and didn't radically change motives or have me yelling at the screen for being forced to make really dumb decisions.

Combat was tricky, but once you got the hang of having to counter everything it was really solid, and far more involved than just bullet storm games like GTA.

As it should be in Hong Kong, guns are few and far between, and when you are given one in the game you know shit is about to get really bad.

I found myself caring for the other NPC's, and actually sad when shit went south for them. I cna't think of many other games where that happened.

The only downsides where that the side "Face" missions were very limited. you could race and steal cars all day long, but there wasn't a real driving desire to do it.

The Special combat moves were fun, but once you unlock all 12, it was sort of meh, I never found myself using them as much as I should have.

IDK, this game is in my top 5 of all times games, and I honestly feel that if Square keeps it up, Rockstar might finally have some solid competition.

Luke 23:34
'And Jesus said, "Father, forgive them, for they don't think it be like it is, but it do."

I thought it was a good game. I bought it on release day. I didn't think it was worth $60. The game didn't take long to finish. But you can get it for cheap nowadays so it would be worth it.

Combat was just like the Batman games so that was easy to use.

The driving was nice.

Overall, I thought it was a good game but GTA V is king to me. I'll have to find my original review somewhere.

tumblr_m2ienvKRMM1qfbvj1.gif

Its funny, after reading up on Watch Dogs, I really want to play GTA V now

What was your play time on the campaign? It took me easily 30 hours to get through. that's ignoring the side missions

'And Jesus said, "Father, forgive them, for they don't think it be like it is, but it do."

The fastest I have heard, other than you now, was a Rock, Paper, Shotgun review completing the game in around 15 hours; and even then, the reviewer admitted to skipping dialogue in parts

Thats impressive dude

I take that back, just did a Speed Run search and the fastest so far is 3:47:10, and they skipped all dialogue and used glitches

I think that is normal for speed runs, but IDK as I never bother with them