Mass Effect: What if...?

So of course we know there's a new Mass Effect coming out. There have been rumors of a remastered trilogy coming out for new gen consoles.

What if they're re-releasing the trilogy because your choices there will affect the new game? We know the new game won't be about Shepherd but some of the choices you made could dedinitely impact the galaxy permanently.

Sure, they could probably figure a way to transfer info from the old consoles, but Xbox players would be out of luck cause they probably couldn't do 360 to PS4 even if they could do PS3 to PS4.

Of course the new game could be prior to the trilogy, say the First Contact War. I imagine we'll get some details at E3.

They'll re-release the trilogy on the next gen for extra £££££££/$$$$$$$.

When Mass Effect 2 came out of the PS3, I believe they had a back-story feature from the first game as it didn't appear on the console prior to the second games release.

Either the 4th will be tied in some way but it's more to do with the money for me. £50 for a rehash which you can get on the old systems for £15 and on PC for pennies. Metro Redux for £50 is just exploiting the lack of next gen games so far.

TLOU is justified because of the new former 360 customers who transferred to Playstation but seeing everyone who would be interested in ME4 is likely to have experienced the trilogy anyway on both old systems; it's just a way to milking a bit extra.  

I have no idea where they're going with this franchise, but I'll absolutely be checking out the details from E3. 

If anyone hasn't played this trilogy, they're truly missing out on one of the best game series I've ever played. 

5abdbe250c715_RespectAll-FearNone.png.9bc1a4f0d1cdab1c7e67e48baf8275b4.png.63941b93d8c1d7bc3f9ca9f365076c45.png