Hannibal

Megan

Is it Hannibal Lecter?

I love those movies, if it's the same thing it might be worth a watch. 

I love psycho shit. 

The only movie I've seen out of that series is Silence of the Lambs. The show focuses on Will Graham, and I haven't seen the movie that his character shows up in, so I can't tell you how similar they are. The show is a lot more freaky than the movie that I've seen, though.

Here's a trailer for the first season:

Yeah! It's probably one of my favorite shows, ever. How'd you guys feel about the finale? 

Well we see there was going to be a conflict between Hannibal and Jack in the beginning of the first episode of the season.

The finale was great but leaves me trying to figure out where the show will go after he kills everyone :lol:. He's on the lamb, I guess? Also I don't know where Hannibal lived but it seemed like an unrealistic amount of time occurs after Alana calls in shots fired. The Cops/FBI never show. Leaves me thinking one of them will probably make it out alive and try and hunt him down. And I'm confused by him fleeing with Scully. I'm excited to see where it will take us!

jpw_tyrannosaurus-rex_zpscpttjstm.jpg

Glad I searched for it I was going to offer incorrect information (Due to the Boston and Newtown tragedies).

wiki:
Spoiler edit: ...was pulled from the United States broadcast schedule at the request of creator Bryan Fuller. The episode was still shown in other countries. This was not a result of the Boston Marathon bombings as some reports have indicated, but was actually decided just hours beforehand. Fuller said of the decision, "With this episode, it wasn't about the graphic imagery or violence. It was the associations that came with the subject matter that I felt would inhibit the enjoyment of the overall episode. It was my own sensitivity... We want to be respectful of the social climate we're in right now".

It was a dumb decision.

Wow, I wasn't even aware that they banned an episode. It was around the time of the bombings though, right? All kinds of shows were getting pulled and rearranged during that time.

Diddums - the show isn't as fucked up in the second season (at least gore-wise, it's still pretty fucked up in every other way). I may just have gotten used to it though. :lol:

And about the finale:

I'm sure that Alana died at least, Jack it can go either way. I don't think they'll kill off Will. Also I'm not sure what Hannibal's purpose was with keeping Abigail alive only to kill her, especially since it seemed that he was kind of fatherly toward her. Keeping her alive that long just to aid in Will's 'mysterious serial killer transformation' doesn't really seem believable to me, even for Hannibal.

^ Yeah it was around the time of the bombings.

Some dirty word at work got me sick so I felt like hammered shit and bummed around all weekend which lead me to start watching Hannibal over again. Up to E11. I've noticed a few things I missed which is cool...

On S01E02 - Amuse-Bouche I think Eldon Stammets was modeled after the mycologist Paul Stamets. Which makes it that much more cool and appeal to my dorkness.

i just crushed season one of this show last week and have been working on my buddy for his Hulu Plus password ever since so i can dig into season 2.

i mean i'm going to watch season 2 once it's PURCHASED 100% LEGAL FROM A STORE.  sorry, didn't know about the code.

PURCHASED 100% LEGAL FROM A STORE

tumblr_n498sgYhQC1rvs9wso1_500.gif

:lol:

I picked up S01 on Blu-ray the other day. The image quality and 5.1 DTS sound really make it an even more pleasurable experience. Way better than watching it on TV. You almost feel like your in the room with them during certain scenes. The extras, especially the gag reel, are great too!

Started S02 again, left off at EP06. I missed a bunch of things. Watching it all the way through is the way to go. -_-

Not sure if you all read, which could be considered a spoiler, that Fishburne will be back.

"I'm not going to do a full season of 'Hannibal' this year, and I'm not going to do a full season of 'Black-ish,' which will keep me free enough for both, to have fun and to contribute as best I can," Fishburne says. "It's not a problem. It works out just fine."

Also that the show is on the bubble and would have been canceled if the execs didn't push for it. They are trying to gain a wider audience.

I don't read a lot of books but I started reading the Hannibal series last week. I finished Silence of the Lambs this morning. I'm about to start Hannibal. Kind of hoping season 3 doesn't drag slightly like 2 and that they are able to get the rights for Dolarhyde and/or Gumb and start incorporating the Red Dragon story/characters into the show based off of characters from Red Dragon. :lol: With Jack not being around all season I'm not sure that is going to be an option?