Will Titanfall come to PS4?

L_C_Scipio

Will Titanfall come to PS4?  

7 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

We know that the first game is exclusive. Do you think sequels will come to Sony's platform or will Microsoft be able to hold on to it?

I think EA would have to be incredibly stupid to renew the deal. There are more PS4s out there than X1s so statistically speaking you're going to more than double your sales.

If I were EA, I'd make the fewest changes I could to avoid violating the deal and push out a "new" game sooner rather than later. PS4 players won't know the difference if they recycle all the guns and half the maps. At this point they could make version 1.5 with minimal fallout and set themselves up nicely for a true sequel in a couple years.

So much has been already said that the exclusivity for xbox is the 1st game only. I don't think Microsoft could stump up enough cash to keep it as an exclusive given that the ps4 is the more popular console this time around. It just wouldn't make sense for EA from a financial perspective for game sales alone, let alone the dlc that would inevitably follow.

They'll probably go the COD route and try and pay for early dlc, but i can't see anything other than this.

If I were Microsoft (or any company with that type of money), I'd hold on to a successful IP such as this for as long as humanly possible to pretty much force people who want to play it to either get an XBOX One, or not play it alt all and eat sour grapes. Or play it on PC, of course.

They have the sales to not GAF about non-exclusivity.

A terrifyingly genius plan, no doubt.

DM9ON.png

It's undoubtedly in MS's best interest to keep it, I just think the amount of money they'd have to throw at EA would be too ridiculous to be worth it. The game has changed now that Microsoft's console is in second place, unlike the Halo days.

The kid has a Xbone and Titanfall. Its a good game. A damn good game but is it worth buying a Xbone,no. As good as it is if feels like a partial game. Not very many weapons at all. Three Titans to choose from. Plus the bots are just sort of pointless. If it was on PS4 I would be all over it. Mainly because of the lack of titles.

I think Titanfall is an excellent game and much of the hype was deserved but this does not warrant a purchase of an XB1 and I think EA have made a grave error in not allowing this to be open for the masses. I dislike the exclusivity structure in gaming we see in this era; at least Sony injects money into their own development groups instead of trying to buy off studios in the hope that the move can induce more sales of their console units. 

EA have already been under severe scrutiny for many years and this move not only has cost them sales but has further damaged their reputation in the industry. They got a big payday and Respawn were awarded funds to develop the title but the fact that this game isn't on the PS4 is just a kick in the teeth for the sector as a whole I feel.

Playstation has dominated this generation so far albeit both consoles not launching well in terms of games. Sony I think has a brighter future with its own studios whilst Microsoft once again will have to flash the cash for exclusivity rights on content to entice people to opt for their console. 

As good as it is; Titanfall lacks in many key areas in terms of depth and scope. There isn't enough meat in the guns and features. If Respawn stuck to their guns and didn't allow EA to rope Microsoft in; I think this game would have been far better. 

The game is out. Anticipation over. Next please

That article appears to contradict itself. It finishes by saying it is a lifetime exclusive with MS - or have I misread something?

I believe that part is referring to the deal in place for the first game.