Vampire Survivors
Posted

This is my best run so far - only hopped on for 5 minutes just to try and get the Runetracer leveled up to 7 for the achievement and instead ended up sweating it in the library🤣

Only level 66 but it really got out of control very quickly. The shield and evolved axe really made a difference. 

1336150690_VampireSuvivors.thumb.jpg.1fce0a6819a3a71df4b610a563f8959e.jpg

Vampire Survivors
Posted
3 hours ago, Rumelylady said:

So true. If/when we're able to get a Steam Deck when they come out it'll be one of the first games I play on it.

Last night I had my best run at over 30 minutes and level 102 in the library. It's interesting trying to find the best balance between what's useful in early levels and will help in higher levels. Items I've found key are garlic, the whip, and the bible for when you start getting swarmed. The axes and fireballs are great too because they later evolve into great aoe damage for higher levels. There's a pentagram item that makes everything on your screen disappear periodically that I want to try leveling up in a run because that would be really good for high levels when you're just a tiny bubble on the screen surrounded by enemies.

What does the bible actually do? That may be a useful item I have completely overlooked especially when getting swarmed. I think a good strategy is to choose two or three projectiles and focus on buffing them up rather than spreading out 4-5 different ones. When those don't appear, I grab health, armour or damage improvements. I was rocking 6 knives on one run and those go off in the direction you face so it's ideal for clearing a forwarding path. The axes are also very powerful in a vertical direction especially if you have two or 3 going off. The water can also clear some much needed space and I've had some massive damage output from the cross. I am beginning to swerve the bombarding birds and projectiles that have no accuracy like the bone or flame as those can get you into trouble post-level 15 onward. 

I've been screwed over so many times with the skeleton swarm on the meadow and sometimes early on I can tell I am not going to have enough power or defence to get through them. The library is a pretty cool level - only done it a couple of times but despite being very narrow, you can get some serious flow going and really tear groups apart. 

Vampire Survivors
Posted

Picked this up earlier and it's absolutely amazing! Really addictive and highly enjoyable gameplay. My best run was level 15 so far but oh boy can things go sideways out of nowhere😂 Plenty to unlock and experiment with too and the mechanics just feel flawless for what it is. This would also be a perfect game for the Steam Deck and anyone with a spare 30 mins here and there. 

Vampire Survivors
Posted

This simple game is taking off massively and it only costs £2/$3 on Steam. It's early access and was only released in December but the foundation is absolutely solid apparently and is incredible fun

capsule_616x353.jpg?t=1644440536
STORE.STEAMPOWERED.COM

Mow thousands of night creatures and survive until dawn! Vampire Survivors is a gothic horror casual game with rogue-lite elements, where your choices can allow you to quickly snowball against the...

Currently sitting at 99% overwhelmingly positive reviews making it one of the highest scoring games ever on the platform and there are nearly 40,000 reviews submitted for this. 

WAB also did a snippet on it the other day

Dying Light 2: Stay Human
Posted

This mod looks essential

My biggest worry with Dying Light 2 was the floaty physics and animations overriding the combat output. Seems this is a great foundation to restore the DL2 to what the original was. The developers put so much effort into the parkour with thousands of animations but the end result feels very lightweight and arcadey whereas the original felt way more authentic despite being simple. Having animations instead of true physics was also a very strange decision that made it look worse than the original. I'm excited to see how this mod develops and what else the community does. Darker nights and more terror is surely high upon the list..

Dying Light 2: Stay Human
Posted

This arrives in a couple of weeks and I'm bloody tempted to grab it from the off even if that means playing Elden Ring and GT7 a little later than planned. It's been in development for 5 years and whilst it doesn't look like a huge leap forward over the original, it will certainly be laden with content on what should be a very enjoyable gameplay foundation. The original game which has been out for a staggering 7 years already had been one of the most underappreciated success stories of the last generation and developers Techland provided some excellent post-launch support with that. 

Dying Light sold 17m copies by 2019 and is probably past 20m now which is crazy but completely deserved. I just hope the sequel can capture the same level of interest and quality. 

Age of Empires 4
Posted

I picked the game up yesterday after getting a good discount and have really enjoyed it so far. Definitely needs some QoL improvements and additions but it's a great and familiar foundation. The presentation of the campaign missions is excellent with the real world videos and narrative plus the gameplay is generally solid. I wish the UI had a bit more detail - it's clean but it all blends a bit too much plus the visuals need a bit more vibrancy and variety. Other than that, it's really good!

Age of Empires 4
Posted
5 hours ago, IRaMPaGe said:

I know you are a PC player so I would if I were you. If I had a decent PC to run it I would 100%. Depends on how much you liked the series, tastes change as well. It might just not be for you. 

I loved AOE2 growing up and this game really captures the spirit of that which is great. The only thing holding me back is the price and there is some crucial things that need improving or adding that should have been dealt with during the playtest. It would be fantastic to get back into RTS gaming and this game is ideal but I'll probably see how things go next week. 

Abandoned [PS5]
Posted

I don't think I've ever seen a company piss off gamers so much with such pathetic marketing. There's been so much speculative nonsense surrounding this game but every window of opportunity to show it off, we're given some laughable 'teasers' and no information whatsoever. If they think this is a good way to show off their product then they are sorely mistaken and Sony may have to step in. The game could be dead before its first gameplay trailer. 

You do not have permission to view this content.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy