Manor Lords
Posted
3 hours ago, GazzaGarratt said:

When's the early access for this now the detail has been updated?

I think it launches in early access on April 26th but I'm not sure what the ETA on the finished article is. 

Manor Lords
Posted

Just seen the game is releasing but it'll be in early access. Developers only added this amendment to the store page a few days ago which is an exceptional and somewhat inexcusable oversight because it's a tad misleading. Looks like I'll put it on ice for a while but I'm sure it will still release in a very decent state. 

C&C Collection now added to Steam plus more

WWW.PCGAMER.COM

Populous, Sim City 3000, The Saboteur, Sid Meier's Alpha Centauri, and Dungeon Keeper have also made the move to...

Balatro
Posted

This is a great little game that's coming out in a couple of weeks on the 20th to Steam and Playstation. Basically a roguelike deck-builder poker game where you strategically play hands, earn power-ups and other elements to increase your multi and defeat the blinds. Played about half hour yesterday and it works pretty well and its nice to see a poker game especially one with a unique twist.

The Day Before [SCAM]
Posted

Some gamers never cease to amaze me in their stupidity

WWW.IGN.COM

Steam keys for The Day Before, the once highly anticipated game that launched in such a poor state its developer shut down four days later, are being sold online for hundreds of dollars following its delisting.

GB8Dv_5awAAoW-O?format=jpg&name=small

Imagine spending $400 on a key of a game that is going to be wiped from existence in a month. 

The Day Before [SCAM]
Posted

The game has been taken down from sale now and the 'developers' have begun scrubbing from existence. 201,000 copies sold and almost 92,000 refunds issued prior to Fntastic's closure. Very bizarre situation - whilst I did expect them to pull the plug early, I didn't foresee if occurring before Valve released the money to them. This opens the doors for store-wide no questions asked refunds back to anyone who bought the game irrespective of the existing refund policy and the developers likely wont even see a penny of the almost $3m holding. 

For them to quit before the first pay packet suggests either Valve were holding them to guarantees for a conditional release of the funds or they didn't want to embroil themselves in legality down the line. The evidence against them is beyond overwhelming and damning.  

IGN have also just released their review for the final kick in the teeth- first time I've seen them award a 1/10🤣

WWW.IGN.COM

Easily one of the worst games of 2023.

XMaMe6BaHC6pzfxgCphjCD.png

mszfAMAEFZLK8gMmfpAS4g-970-80.png

XR34Q63HoMvUjo6XWtFxe3-970-80.png

The Day Before [SCAM]
Posted

I'm seeing a lot of ''this game has soooo much potential'' lines from defenders yet there's less features and content than what was advertised in the pre-alpha 3 years ago. It's utterly extraordinary how deluded people are with things like this. It's not even like it's a game from a reputable developer - all their previous work has either been scams or abandoned. People just living off the nonsensical hype of the original fake trailer and other elements that were all plagiarised off legitimate games.  

Publishers laughing all the way to the bank. 

The Day Before [SCAM]
Posted

Looks like the entire game was also build out of the Unreal Asset store

WWW.UNREALENGINE.COM

The project includes a lot of high quality assets with everything that you need to create an American City. The city/architecture is based on New York City - NYC - Manhattan - Brooklyn. The buildings are...

That's just one of the packs used but there's plenty more from foliage, interiors, vehicles and other small details. It's the sort of game you could clamber together for about £1500. 

The Day Before [SCAM]
Posted

Game is currently sitting at 21% positive on Steam and most of those are meme reviews. Watched 30 minutes of gameplay so far and it's just an extraction shooter in the most empty world imaginable. 2 zombies and one person killed in the stream I saw and a whole lotta looting nothing. They are also using misleading fake gunshots to add ambience. No vehicles, no melee and barely any features that were showcased 3 years ago. Bigfry described it as WarZ but worse which says it all. 

The Day Before [SCAM]
Posted

Today is the day! After almost 3 years of lies, deceit, plagiarism, asset flips, fake gameplay, amateur mistakes and a multitude of embarrassments, the game is finally out in early access for £33.50/$40. I am not expecting much and will have to catch some gameplay later. A surprise choice to also launch in Unreal 5 instead of the far more stable UE4. Unless the game has some significant features out the gate then this could be a poor move right from the off that causes unnecessary strain on optimisation for nothing in return. 

The Day Before [SCAM]
Posted
2 hours ago, phil bottle said:

I get massive War Z vibes from this whole set up, anyone remember that shitshow? 

Launch night will be fun I'm sure, whenever it happens 🤗😅

A minority seem to be 'hyped' once again but their judgement seems to be clouded by the fact the game exists rather than how it looks. It is way off how it was originally showcased and doesn't look anywhere near a current gen title - looks like The Division 2015 from Wish. The PR over the years and all the shadiness has completely put me off regardless and I still don't trust anything about the devs or the product. Seems the majority of users are not happy with what they've seen and it's defies belief that this was once the most wish listed Steam product! 

It's PVPvE online only too and these servers ain't gonna be cheap to maintain so it'll be very interesting to see how this game will survive long-term. After all this time, we still haven't seen true raw gameplay of the final build and the trailer we did see a few months back looked utter wank. 

The Day Before [SCAM]
Posted

Game releasing in early access on December 7th. Cannot believe they've finally got into a position where the game is real and it's releasing. Still looks miles off what was originally planned and really lacking polish but at least it exists and they got the IP rights sorted. Does not take away the shambolic behaviour from the developers and publisher previous though, so I'm taking it with a pinch of salt.

Cities Skylines 2
Posted

The terrain issues is something they need to address urgently 

Any assets placed should automatically flatten the terrain but right now, the objects warp around the terrain and it looks terrible. People don't want to be faffing around flattening every pixel just to place an object. 

Cities Skylines 2
Posted

Well this is disappointing - developers acknowledged it ran like shit but they'll release it anyway. Performance looks atrocious 

IGN review also picked out a major issue whereby terrain was largely uneven so any placed assets look warped which destroys immersion. 

Dead Matter
Posted
6 hours ago, phil bottle said:

It's actually looking worse than when I played it 3 years ago. The team making it seems to have changed about a dozen times and it blows my mind that they actually released it and are charging money for it. 

I don't really know much about the game but the whole situation smells like Tencent played a part. Probably woefully wrong but everything they seem to touch in this genre goes tits up. 

Dead Matter
Posted

Costs £30 and currently sitting at a 14% positive score! 

I think we're at the stage where all the decent and established survival games have already been released. I'm certainly not following or risking any money on new ventures especially when the genre has been saturated for a very long time and innovations are rather sparse. 

Definitely one of the riskiest games to produce and get right, and extremely costly too. 

Dying Light 2: Stay Human
Posted

Dying Light 2 has added a plethora of microtransactions and also forces users to buy their in-game premium currency to obtain in-game items. Another masterclass from Tencent - destroy your brand and alienate your players in the hope of making a few extra bucks die hard fans of the game. Lost count of how many games these shitty companies can absolutely ruin. Dying Light was an absolute masterpiece just less than a decade ago and to see the state of the series now and the ethics behind it is so sad. 

WWW.PCGAMESN.COM

Dying Light 2 microtransactions prompt negative Steam reviews, as DL2 dev Techland says it will “figure out” the controversial feature in the zombie sequel.

You do not have permission to view this content.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy