Sony Buys Bungie
Posted
On 2/2/2022 at 3:51 PM, GazzaGarratt said:

All you can do is base it on experience for now because stuff won't change overnight. Like La @RenFengge said, Sony DO have a good track record of letting studios do their own thing and release incredible video games.

I totally agree. Nothing can be said about Sony having a good track record when it comes to nurturing studios. They have many strengths and this is one of them. One studio they have under their belt was Bluepoint who mainly made remakes back in the PS3 days. They're the type you'd think would get thrown off by other bigger companies but they're still doing well, thanks to Sony.

Veering off the topic a little, I really wish the rumors about backward compatibility support for the PS5 comes true soon. As much as I love the Series X and 360, the truth is Microsoft has nothing on the established history of the PS1 and 2. I know I can probably take out my old PS2 and play there but nothing beats the convenience and charm of being able to play those games on a current gen and not need a CRT TV to appreciate the graphics. 🤣

Sony Buys Bungie
Posted

Interesting insights, everyone.

I'm briefly stealing my friend's thoughts on the matter posted on our chat group, but I kinda agree with this: The move feels retaliatory on the part of Sony, like they weren't really planning on this and if the Activision-Blizzard acquisition didn't happen, this would probably never happen too.

It feels like Bungie wasn't really set on being acquired and would still like to produce games everywhere, but when Sony pushed for their acquisition and saw Bungie's stance like this, they probably just completed the deal to primarily appease their fan base and kind of disregarded not being able to get something substantial out of the deal. Perhaps they thought they would make money out of the Xbox releases by Bungie, anyway, so it's not a total loss.

But being an Xbox gamer, believe it or not, I'm happy for Sony even if this pales in comparison. More competition means better things for all of us.

You do not have permission to view this content.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy