Talking to Lee last night about the OG VoG, I ran through it many times with the below loadout.  Hopefully knowing what worked before can help make a good base of what to start with this time.

Primary; AR, mostly used for general add clearing.

Secondary; Depending on the encounter I used Found verdict (arc shotgun), Vision of confluence (solar scout rifle) or Icebreaker (Sniper).  I don’t remember there being any arc shields though, Found Verdict was just a goof shotgun.  If it’s the same as before, maybe a void shotgun?

Heavy: Corrective measure (void lmg with 99 round magazine).  I imagine a good void LMG will be a good shout though, as mentioned above, swords could be very useful.  I can see Falling Guillotine getting a work out.

1103954298_AmosSignature.png.04556f304072cd09783cc1fdfec8fe9f.png

Sleeper Simulant Changes
Posted

Last night was the first time I played gambit so I haven’t seen first hand how prevelant it is.  I agree that exotics, all exotics, should be in their own way overpowered.  Though I think they should only feel overpowered in their own weapon type / class.  The issue seems that the Sleeper has crossed over in to D1 Jellyhorn territory and it isn’t just OP for that weapon type, it is OP even against other exotics.

Escalation Protocol
Posted

It does make you question some of the decisions Bungie have made with this game.  Generally it seems people like the Escalation Protocols so GG Bungie but why make it 9 player if you can't group up as a fireteam of 9 :wacko: Oh well, good that people have found a way round that problem though :) I'll try and level up as quick as I can then I'll be down giving it a go.

Heroic Strikes
Posted

Obviously I haven't tried the strikes yet as I'm still at D2 Vanilla levels but it is good to know they are a challenge.  At times in the past the heroic strikes have been too easy in my opinion as with a decent team you could spend an entire evening doing strikes and not wipe.  It does seem stupid about the drops from the Strikes, I sort of see why they did it as if it dropped up to 350 you could grind strikes to level up quickly but equally to drop lower level stuff is pointless.

PS4 FG Raid Night
Posted

Sunday's are the only evening that I can't do and very rarely will ever be able to do to ticked all the other days.  I can't remember what level I am or what you need to be for the raid(s) so I'll need to log in and see where things are.

Warmind DLC2
Posted

Bungie's marketing has always been on point and I don't think this is any different, that looks fun to play.  Esepcially at it seems you could just wander in to while in the open world.  I really should get back on Destiny to figure out what has changed and any new mechanics before this dlc drops.

D2 undid a lot of the good work Bungie put in to turning day 1 D1 from an alright game in to a good one.  However they did it once they can do it again, I'm not getting my hopes up or expecting these updates / DLC to turn it around but I do think it worth keeping an eye on in case they do.  Especially as I've already bought the DLC so I might as well see what I bought :lol: 

This "update" might only be adding some of the things back from D1 but it shows Bungie are trying to listen to fans and improve the game.  Will this bring me back? probably not as from what little I've seen of this it seems aimed more at the PvP side of things.  I played some PvP in D1 but Destiny was always about the PvE side of things for me so I'm waiting for QoL improvements / more content to bring me back.

I do hope they can save Destiny 2 though as I don't think there has been any other game on PS4 to bring everyone together like D1 did.

Weekly Nightfall
Posted
15 hours ago, GazzaGarratt said:

October 3rd Nightfall is a bitch and a half. Anamolies you just can't find and you get held back by a number of adds with different shield buffs.

Any strategies wpuld be welcome.

Cheers

Shoot everything.

Don't die.

You're welcome!

Destiny factions
Posted

I finally got my first piece of armour at level 19 :D though it did take getting 3 of the same auto rifles rifles first though :( 

I signed my titan up to DO as the armour looks really tank-y.  Though I tried the DO shader and I definitely made the right choice in NM for that.

Destiny factions
Posted

It was mentioned as a possibility in another thread but good to have it confirmed.  It is annoying though as I think I'm around level 15 already and haven't had any armour drop :( though have had the same sub-machine gun drop 4 or 5 times FFS!

Worth knowing though about the shaders too, I want to apply the NM shader to everything so do need a lot of shaders :lol: 

Destiny 2 Tips
Posted
29 minutes ago, techno said:

So what's the point of getting stuff that will drop 6 power levels lower it's fucking dumb, all my gear is higher so it's useless. Is it just another way for bungie to add take longevity?

Via the FG App

In D1 they would drop at a fixed max irrespective of your level.  So the fact they drop at useful power levels is nice.  As I said I'm guessing (as I haven't read anything tou confirm it) that this was to address D1 complaints where people had 1 or 2 bits of gear massively lower than the rest.  So you ended up raiding hoping just for 1 piece of armour.  To a point this system actually makes it easier to level up though still means most legendary engrams are trash.

Raid discussion - SPOILERS! - duh!
Posted

With the dogs is that you need people to know where they are going so if you call trees, rocks etc. or even when you go for a damage phase how to get to their dogs.  The problem is that if you're running around on the floor it is hard to see and so can be hard to know where you're going at first.

A few tips though;

- Once you have killed the stuff in the room, the next part of the fight doesn't start until you pick up the crystals and so gives people time to walk around getting a little familiar with the layout.

- If you're on the floor stick together in a group, hopefully at least one person on the floor knows the arena well enough.

- Those who are up top with the crystals will be directing and can, if need be, use the crystals laser thing as a pointer to mark a 'go here'

- Don't kill the dogs! This is important, once you kill a dog the timer is much shorter so you are best getting them all weak then killing them all in the same round.

The mechanics of the fight are;

- You split up in to 2 groups, 2 stay up top with the crystals and take left flowers or right flowers and use the light things to charge the crystals

- The group of 4 run around in a group on the floor collecting the pollen buff without being seen by the dogs

- 2 of the 6 flowers will glow which the 4 on the ground have to get to and once there one of the people with crystal shoot the flower to give the buff

- After this 2 yellow bars spawn (I think Centurions) which those with the crystals will need to kill

- Repeat this with the next flowers to increase your damage buff

- Damage the dogs and then run back to centre room (not sure exactly how much time you have)

The way I did it was following the above;

- Assign a dog to each player, the ones up top are best getting the furthest away ones.

- Aim to collect a x24 or x36 buff (2 or 3 flowers) then go to designated dog and damage it.  Best bet for damage is throw a grenade them super, swords or the exotic fusion rifle (I forgot its name) but importantly don't kill your dog!

- Run back to the centre room to begin round 2 of the fight.  You have a bit of time here so you can discuss damage done to your dog.

- If you have them all low enough, to the same as above then kill all 6 dogs, if not repeat as a damage phase again then on the 3rd round kill the dogs.

I believe you can one phase it but you need a high buff, I think x 60, so you need to get 5 flowers which is difficult.

Bit of bragging :)
Posted

That is the one thing I'm not sure on is how it counts kills.  D1 only counted if you got the final blow on them though I'm sure I've seen D2 give me double kill notifications even when I've only damaged them and someone else kills them.  It is hard to tell exactly while playing so plan on recording a match and watching it back at some point.

Bit of bragging :)
Posted

Nice :) I love it when you think you're having an average game then you see the scoreboard at the end and it's a holy shit! moment :D 

I don't seem to be able to get the long streaks like I used to though :( I want to blame Destiny's PvP but I think my reactions are just getting slower :lol: 

Angry Joe's review is in
Posted
31 minutes ago, The3rdWalker said:

From all the watching I've done I think this entire game could have been a DLC. I'm looking forwarded to playing it but the hype factor is rapidly going downhill. 

I agree but the thing is I don't see why anyone thought it would be anything different.  Bungie originally announced the Destiny is a 10 year plan with regular content updates coming in the form of big updates in sequels and smaller updates as DLC.  It was then clear from the information available pre D2 that, timeline wise, it was going to pick up shortly after the end of Wrath of the Machine.

Destiny 2 Tips
Posted

Yup, regular engrams are capped to the max 265 light until you pass 271 then they start dropping 6 levels below your maximum light (so at 272 they drop at 266, 273 drops 267, 280 drops 274 etc.).  It seems a method introduced to get around the frustrating problem of D1 where your lowest item could be 20+ light lower than your average.

The only things that will drop higher than your current level are the powerful gear you get from completing the milestones (hold the touch pad to bring up the director and hold L2), exotic engrams, the raid and trials of the nine.

So... How do I Destiny?
Posted

Step 1: You press the power button

Step 2: Put the disc in your console

Step 3: Shoot stuff!

A more serious answer is just play through the story :) As you level up you will gain levels and power and it will start unlock the higher level stuff like crucible playlist, strike playlist then Nightfalls and raid.  I think most of us have completed the story already but we can still join you for them or start second accounts.

Destiny Video Ideas
Posted

Destiny videos generally are PvP clips the same as other games so multikills, crazy grenade kills etc.  or stupid/funny PvE stuff like accidentally slamming a sword mid jump so you instantly die, corpse launching bosses etc.

As I said last night I've not capped any Destiny as I unplugged my elgato as if it is plugged in I have to have my PC on to play ps4.  Which I wasn't going to do for the first week grind.

You do not have permission to view this content.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy