Football (Played with Feet)
Posted

Mad day of football - Leeds thought they were heading to safety after beating Forest last week only to get dicked 5-1 at home to Crystal Palace today! Arsenal blew a 2-0 lead at Anfield to draw 2-2 despite Liverpool missing a penalty and several chances. Title race is now wide open. Chelsea languishing in the bottom half after spending £600m is also fucking hilarious! 

Posted

Doesn't matter who Spurs appoint really - the archaic and out of touch owners need to sell up to make way for someone who can inject proper funding into the club to get with the times. In the past 5 years they've failed to sign players in two transfer windows and when funding has been available, it's been wasted on utter garbage. Some of these players will be very hard to get off books and incredibly expensive to pay off as it is, and then there's probably about 5-9 new faces required. Tottenham are really in a false position in the league and it's a damning reflection of how weak and inconsistent the Prem has been this year. Any other season in the past few and they would be struggling to get a top 7 finish. 

When I used to go to the lane back in the early to mid 2000's, I saw some god awful managers and players in that time and very little to build around but with players like Kane, Son and Romero, the foundation is being wasted. There's no depth either and I can't see how one manager can turn things around especially when they wouldn't be responsible for half the signings. 

Posted
13 hours ago, phil bottle said:

I hate international football but watched the first half against Italy and thought it was an excellent performance that could have produced more goals.

I knew they wouldn't sustain that in the second half but an away win against a very hard to beat side turns out to be one of the best England results in years. 

Declan Rice could be a quality player if he uses his brain a little more, he was superb imo.

I'm actually shocked at how far Italy have fallen. Failed to get to the World Cup and they may even struggle to qualify for the Euros at this rate. Hard to believe they beat us in the final 18 months ago and could now go the same way Holland did. Just goes to show how significant those experienced players were for them. Great result for us though and I'm glad we've found our form after that diabolical and worrying Nations League campaign prior to the World Cup. Channel 4 coverage is so wank though🤣

Posted
1 hour ago, GazzaGarratt said:

Simply devastated yesterday 💔 Being so close to Wembley, somewhere where we haven't been since it has changed to the 'New' Wembley, would've been incredible and probably our best chance too. No fault on the players for me. Probably the tie of the round, 2 teams absolutely going for it, end to end. Whilst it could be said i'm bias, I think most were in agreement that Blackburn were the better team overall on the day and just needed one of those chances to go in at 2-1 up to kill the game off.

I'm hoping the international break will give Rovers time to get over the disappointment and push forward to try and seal a play off spot. Still chance to play at Wembley this year...

Blackburn were pretty unlucky and probably could have and should've got that third goal. United did well to fight back a couple of times but it could've gone either way in the end. I think a foul should've been given on the halfway line leading up to the third - although contact was minimal, he clearly got struck in the face and the ref bottled it under the occasion. Rovers have the playoffs to fall back on which is way more important and another shot at Wembley. 

Fulham's implode last night was pretty unreal too!  

Posted

Conte has to go and he can take about 75% of the squad with him. I honestly don't know how Spurs are in 4th place right now and still they could be displaced by Liverpool if they win their game in hand. Another mediocre display last night from the get-go - anyone would think they were playing for a draw despite going out. Need a new manager with an attacking focus. Also need to dispose of the wealth of shit players on the books who will never improve or do anything for the club. 

Posted

Shameful display from Spurs really. That was Sheffield United's second string on top! Sanchez is a woeful player and Perisic is finished. You knew by the hour mark that Utd were going to win because Spurs offered nothing throughout and there was no sign of them improving. Just like the Middlesbrough game the other year, it was always going to end with such a predictable outcome. With so many weaker sides left in the tournament, this was a real opportunity for Spurs too. 

Unfortunately the BDO which Walton, Adams, Hankey and OG Barneveld were part of is the equivalent of non-league football. The organisation (which I believe is now disbanded) was relentlessly stuck in the 1970's and failed to adapt to growth opportunities in the decades that preceded it. Tournaments were limited to one major a year and earning potential was non-existent unless you were top class. Most darts players had day jobs such as plumbers, builders and being postmen. The Lakeside was a iconic venue but one annual tournament was never going to help bolster the sport. 

The PDC came in and offered players the chance of competing in several highly established tournaments each year, full time leagues and other competitions where prize money was significant. It allowed players like Mervyn King to go full time despite not being exceptional and he was making more than a in one week with them than what he would've got winning the World Title with the BDO. The PDC has also earned major sponsorship's and TV rights as well as forming global bodies. There's World Cup, European Championships and even Women's darts has florished massively plus regular Premier League darts and other smaller events. 

There's also only been one televised 9 darter with the BDO whereas the quality the PDC offers is insane in comparison and this is what happens when you grow the sport and allow its competitors to do it for a living. I will never understand why the BDO kept darts in the stone age - a lack of foresight and ambition from the ageing and clueless board I bet but the PDC really delivered the game into a premium setting. 

Posted
4 hours ago, GazzaGarratt said:

I don't agree in the rule personally where he handballs outside of the box its an automatic red card. If you watch it in normal time you can see he slips as misjudges the header and he never meant it. Now he has to miss the final which is ridiculous in itself. You never know when your last chance as a footballer comes along to win a trophy and this seems unjust to me. Lets remember the World Cup changed the yellow/red card system a while back after seeing the impact it had on Gazza in 1990. His ban shouldn't crossover to the cup game imo.

Should've definitely gone for it with his feet. I don't think it's always a red card if a keeper handles outside the box but any deliberate handball from a keeper or denial of a goalscoring opportunity will aggravate. I think here he's guilty of both after a pretty calamitous decision to head the ball. Poor defending though - how many times have we seen Alisson to Salah from a kick to a one-on-one breakaway..

Posted

Watch them get a £500,000 fine and a 1pt deduction suspended for a year 

_124081601_mancity.jpg
WWW.BBC.CO.UK

The Premier League charges Manchester City with more than 100 breaches of its financial rules following a four-year investigation.

Be interesting to see if the EPL and UEFA actually follow through or if they will let them get away with cheating for more than a decade. Only the Italian FA have the balls to take severe action against their own top teams.

2 minutes ago, GazzaGarratt said:

You can take it again! If it ever crashes, like with any screens, send me a breakdown of the error message as it could geniunely be something wrong with it. Shouldn't be though as most got to finish it in equally bad fashion! 🤣

Ah good to know! The screen froze and then it shot to the end screen. Not sure what happened but I'll have another crack

You do not have permission to view this content.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy