Football (Played with Feet)
Posted
23 hours ago, Lurchzy said:

The chants at Chelsea were hilarious. Cole Palmer needs to get a move.

Crazy how Chelsea have spent $1.5bn including a few £100m+ players and Palmer is the only decent signing. City probably shouldn't have got rid of him although it would've been very hard to accommodate him into the team at the time. Impressive how good he is in such a bad Chelsea side and probably the only remotely exciting player they have. Jackson is probably the worst finisher in history and could've probably netted 40 goals this season. 

Posted

Gutted for Coventry! What a remarkable comeback in a quite epic game and then getting screwed by VAR with the last kick of the game. If I were a United fan, I don't think I would even be able to celebrate after that near-humiliation. More questions for Ten Hag and another capitulation. 

Meanwhile Nottingham Forest have made a stunning statement after their defeat to Everton. 

Absolutely mad daw of football! 

Posted

More drama about the England shirts and this time with the flag on the collar. Really not sure why we need an American company to not only produce, but also design our shirts. Surely there is a UK sports manufacturer that could do this? Umbro are surely still in the game. Nike should stick to basketball and selling 40000% marked-up clothing and footwear. 

Posted
On 3/19/2024 at 9:55 PM, Lurchzy said:

New England kit is terrible.

The collar on the home kit is disgusting and the colour of the away is just a nasty faded blue IMO.

Don’t understand the fantasy of making a retro kit. Just make a good modern kit and let the past be the past.

They’ve even taken advantage of changing St. George’s cross on the back of the collar to include purple… which makes it even more un-English 👍🏻

Horrible shirt ruined by the overly-big collar plus the price is £100-125 apparently which is beyond disgusting. Probably cost £3 to make in a Nike sweatshop. These shirts should be £40-50 max. 

Posted

FA Cup Quarter Finals were pretty insane this weekend - Wolves 2-3 Coventry, Man City 2-0 Newcastle (yawn) Jammy Chelsea 4-2 Leicester and Man Utd 4-3 Liverpool. Really enjoyed watching all those games minus the City one which I comfortably ignored. 

Posted

Embarrassing performance from Spurs last night. 1 shot on goal all night compared to Man City's 18. Players spent most of the evening playing high-risk balls around their own area which almost resulted in 2 goals shortly before City scored from a set-piece. There was some nice attacking play at times especially from Johnson, Udogie and Werner but the final ball was absolutely shocking and Porro's inability to clear the first man from dead balls is a persistent problem. Spurs did defend really well for most of the game but the majority of attacks City had were easily preventable with more direct football and they cannot keep playing the same high-risk football against top sides throughout the 90. The sheer lack of anything up front made for a very frustrating night and clinging on to a replay would've served no benefit whatsoever either. 

Posted
2 hours ago, tronic44 said:

Yeah as i was typing it i was thinking how ridiculous that sentence sounded but he has been one of our only stand out players.

He has had a good season to be fair and way better than the likes of Rashford, Antony and Fernandes. Those 3 should be first out the door in January or next season. Antony is nothing more than a fidget spinner, Fernandes is good on paper but terrible during big matches and Rashford has faded spectacularly. 

Posted

10 point deduction has gone into effect at Everton which is devastating for them. They were beginning to turn it around too and now they sit joint bottom with Burnley. Although they have posted some bad finances, it's literally no different to Man City - the latter get away with it because they offset losses through false income given by their sister companies. Also City's lawyers are good at tangling litigation and drawing things out i.e making a mockery of the governing bodies. 115 charges and not one has been acted upon yet Everton who are still sustainable even with their losses get fried because they have no side-companies to generate fraudulent laundering methods. 

Posted

In typical Spurs fashion, their entire season could implode on just one unfortunate game. Last night was crazy and the game had everything! Chelsea very lucky has usual. Big Ange I'm sure will steady the ship after the fantastic job he's done so far but these next few games could prove very difficult. 

Posted

I went last night and thought we played really well and dominated large parts of the match. Italy really look a shadow of their former selves and could miss out on a third tournament in 5 years. I remember us having a national meltdown after missing out on Euro 2008🤣

Bellingham is probably the best player in the world right now.

Posted

Pleased for Richard Arlison yesterday - goal and an assist to seal victory. Looked like it would be another bad day at the office after a promising start to the season. Spurs also have a nasty habit of losing games like this especially against Sheffield United's second string which they pretty much played like they did in the FA cup encounter last season. 

Seeing Chelsea down in 14th after spending £1.5bn is glorious and Man Utd ain't fairing much better either. 

Posted
23 hours ago, phil bottle said:

Chelsea, the gift that keeps on giving. I'm sure if they stick with Poch they'll be fine but it's the same story as last season for them and I'm loving it 🤗

They are lucky teams like Luton and Sheff Utd are in there else they'd be prime contenders for relegation🤣

I love how shit they are as a business - literally just hijack other team's potential targets and then overpay by £40m taking it well over one hundred million and then the player turns out to be a total flop that wouldn't get into the QPR team! £1.5bn and find yourself behind Brentford lol!

Posted
44 minutes ago, Lurchzy said:

The Netherlands and Belgium are prime examples of what's happening to teams that can't part with 'key' players that obviously need replacing.

I feel like I've been watching the same Belgium team for the past 20 years! Gareth needs to stop picking his buddies and focus on the future irrespective of the work and services those old experienced players have provided. 

Posted

Very disappointed with Spurs last night. Same old culprits making the same old mistakes. I would've personally just fielded a full-strength side instead of relying on players that have proven time and time again that they aren't good enough and also don't have a future at the club. There's probably 4 that still need offing and another 5 brought in which includes like-for-likes and a new recognised striker. Sanchez is about as good as Gary Doherty was back in the day. 

Posted
26 minutes ago, Lurchzy said:

I think it's the opposite, I think it was Kane that wanted the move. Levy didn't want him to leave, offering multiple improved contacts.

Personally I think winning a trophy in a one horse league is a far less achievement than beating the goal scoring record with Spurs, and I don't think he should've defined himself by his lack of trophies.

Yeah, I also think he would’ve been worth more to Spurs this upcoming season than the £80m-odd received in the end. Once offers dried up from Real Madrid, Man City and Man Utd and him turning 30, transfer options have become limited and Bayern would’ve definitely not been a preferred choice. Kane’s also played in 3 cup finals for Spurs and the Euro 2020 one and lost the lot and played dismally in all so he probably should’ve accepted that he’s had his chance with trophies and should just stick it out in the Prem. 

Even thought Bayern stole the title on the last day last season, it’s still very much a one horse race and even the Bayern fans were only excited by the finale because they weren’t winning every game.

Posted
12 hours ago, phil bottle said:

The Kane saga is tedius. Bayern have made themselves look foolish so far but other than that I don't care, just as long as we have a replacement should he go, which I'm starting to doubt.

At this stage of the season, Spurs should have him stay and then take the financial hit. If they sell with no replacement on the immediate horizon then the season is over before it's even started. The Kane saga has gone on too long aka years and the board really have no clue with what to do which sums up how out of touch they are with running a football club.

You do not have permission to view this content.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy