Diablo 4 Dead in the Water?
Posted

Anyone still involved in this? In the last week or so, viewership has dropped below Diablo 2 and 3 to between 400-1300, plus several popular Diablo-focused content creators have not only stopped playing this game, but have also seemingly departed the series. Haven't been following much since post-launch but it seems things have gone from bad to worse and Blizzard has been making some rather bizarre and unworkable design choices. I was looking to jump into the game at some stage but it does seem in a really bad place right now and I'm not sure if they will be able to turn it around. 

Diablo IV Beta
Posted
1 hour ago, Luseth said:

I wonder if it is generally worse on pc then, I have been on a couple of times now and similar experiences to my first try.

I do find that long queue times are just a staple of open betas these days though and it was always going to be worse than closed beta surely due to it being more accessible?

I plan to jump on again shortly and then I will put my thoughts down on the game and whether or not i am tempted to pick it up  🙂

Definitely a way bigger demand on PC especially during the open beta but Blizzard should accommodate the anticipated influx. Their servers are notoriously shit and that's why people's frustrations wear thin with them. Diablo 3, Warcraft 3 Reforged and then Diablo 2 Resurrected were all abysmal at launch and beyond so it just feels another taster of what's to come when the game releases. Overwatch was their only game since 2010 which was done right and that's because they dipped into their insane wealth to create a decent server structure but all their other brands are neglected in this respect. The developers are still under the early 2000's impression that people are willing to wait 2 hours to queue to get into one of their prestigious games as a privilege. 

Diablo IV Beta
Posted
14 hours ago, Luseth said:

What are you playing on? I got in first try this afternoon with only a 10 minute queue. Didnt think it was too bad.

PC. As soon as I saw the warning on Battlenet about long queue times I knew it would be worse than the closed beta. 

Diablo IV Beta
Posted

Haven't been able to get in all day today so I just uninstalled the beta. Same old Blizzard with their shitty servers and just like the Diablo 2 fiasco, it will no doubt spill into the full release. Queue times are completely unacceptable and many that have got in have been booted for a variety of technical issues and then put back into 2+ hour wait times. Not gonna be enough time for them to prove that this will stabilise at this late stage of the beta so I'm not gonna spend £50 on a game where I have to queue 37 hours just to get to the login attempt screen. 

You do not have permission to view this content.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy