Font use in a company logo

Just Cal

I've been asked to design a logo for a company that's just starting up. I was wondering if using a font that came free with design software in a logo was allowed.

I have to sign papers that say it's all my own work and got scared and shit. Like, I wouldn't have breeze how to design a font.

8mSoOel.png

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Are they paying you? If not, tell 'em to fuck off. Not only are you doing somrhing for free, but if it ever goes tits up, it'll be your name on the block, not theirs.

Oh and since you're going down the GFX route anyways, I have a few jobs for you if you want.

banlol.png

He offered me a contract to do up a website for him but there's things I haven't learned to do yet so I admitted I'd be a liability. (he wants site up in next 3 weeks)

So I shifted myself to graphics, finished the logo tonight and he's delighted. Wants to meet up so I can sign papers saying it's my own work.

I know this chap as well so I trust him but he hasn't mentioned pay yet. I've implied that I am getting paid by saying "Thank you for the opportunity, and at least the nixxer"

He said "see you next week bud"

8mSoOel.png

Cal, it should say somewhere in the software's terms whether you can or cannot. I just went through this with my wife who volunteered to make some videos of dogs up for adoption. We needed to find out if the generic music that comes with Final Cut was free to use for business purposes, and it is.

Also, you could try google webfonts, which are free to use and a lot of them are pretty cool.

If you decide to put your dick in crazy, be ready to change your phone number and relocate.

I use the google web fonts on the websites I'm working on in college. Love them.

I checked the Adobe forums and they're 100% free to use in company logos :D

He'd better pay me now. We're going out for a pint next week so I see it going two ways;

1: He buys me a few pints and says thanks. I say no thanks and slap that bitch with a copyright logo.

2: He buys me a few pints and says "here you go man, really appreciate that" and gives me cash munnies.

I hope it's number 2.

8mSoOel.png