Everyone Should Die

Auptyk

I really think (and hope) that all our main rebels in the new Rogue One movie should die. 

1. Would give the movie extreme weight, not found in any of the other movies. 

2. Makes continuity make sense. One of the main issues doing prequels is that continuity is always difficult. To me, you have these crazy effective operatives... yet make no appearance on the assault of the Death Star? Where were they on the Hoth base? Why weren't these people picked to attack the base on the forest moon of Endor? But if they die... it wraps it up nicely. We obviously have force sensitive individuals in this movie, if not outright Jedi. Why wouldn't Luke seek them out... why would Obi Wan and Yoda gather ALL the remaining Jedi? Because the ones they (the rebels as well) know about are dead or scattered. 

3. With Star Wars: Rebels they have already nerfed the Empire enough. If you have watched that show, you know the Empire is basically a bunch of bumbling idiots who can't do anything right (at least as of Season 1, I admit I am a little behind). We need to see an Empire that can get stuff done. Earn the fear they have in the galaxy come Episode 4. Yeah, the plans get out...but the rebels need to be dead. Maybe one makes it out with the plans... the rest dead or captured. If we continue with this weak show for the Empire it totally invalidates any of the fear we felt through the original trilogy. 

(Also common misunderstanding is "Many bothans died to bring us this information" ... that was from Return of the Jedi regarding the SECOND Death Star.) 

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Growing up in the 70's I was always a huge Star Wars fan, have seen all the movies including the latest and will for sure see the new one when it comes out. With that said I am admittedly a bit behind on what the new one will be about because I haven't bothered to watch any of the trailers yet. You're saying it's a prequel? I had no idea it was going to be a prequel, I thought it was going to be continued from where the latest one left off. So where in the order of films will this one fall??

4 hours ago, Drifter said:

Growing up in the 70's I was always a huge Star Wars fan, have seen all the movies including the latest and will for sure see the new one when it comes out. With that said I am admittedly a bit behind on what the new one will be about because I haven't bothered to watch any of the trailers yet. You're saying it's a prequel? I had no idea it was going to be a prequel, I thought it was going to be continued from where the latest one left off. So where in the order of films will this one fall??

Yeah, this takes place right BEFORE Episode 4. When Vader is hunting the Death Star plans at the beginning of Episode 4... its THESE plans.

Well fuck me sideways...I did not know that. Why the F would they do that??? That doen't make much sense.  Why would they do that that just seems kind'a a weird why to do the movies IMO. I had no idea this new one was gonna be going "back" <_< I don't like that at all. And given that info, then yeah I kind'a agree with ya Justin. What's the point, might as well kill most the main ones because it'd be weird to write them in later if they skip over what, 3 episodes??

On 10/15/2016 at 1:41 PM, Drifter said:

I think they are referring to movies like this one (as more are planned, Young Han Solo movie, Boba Fett, Obi Wan) Anthology movies.