BF4 Beta feedback

uberwarrior

I've been trying it on the PS3 (only for an hour or two anyways).

It looks really nice and DOM is very very fast pace. Most games are under 10 minutes. With 1 map it's hard to judge. There are only a handful of weapons in Beta. I've been playing assault so far. It does seem to bleed tickets rather fast. I used to really enjoy that game mode. I don't as much at this pace. 

The sniper rifles don't impress me. I've had numerous hits on opponents without kill. They are also very slow. 

It seems like the kits don't provide points. I have not seen my med kit give any points at all. The defibrillator does however. if that ends up being the case that will suck since that will take away from teamwork.  

Spotting does not seem to work well. It does not seem to work most of the time. 

I've had some pretty laggy moments. That's to be expected.

The controls are not as bad a what people are saying. The main deference is that the default is like COD (for knifing and getting up/down), however you can switch that just like you can in code (when you use tactical).  That always screwed me up when switching between the games so I can see why some BF vets are finding it rather annoying

How are you finding the gameplay Ryan? I've read a lot of complaints about the controller layout, how are you getting on with it?

Yeah, I really like it so far, Just not a fan of the default vehicle controls, especially the chopper.

It collapsed during the one match I've played on PS3 so far.

Seriously?

I played 4 last night before going back to PC, and it didn't drop a single time.

Every match on PC so far it has dropped.

Luke 23:34
'And Jesus said, "Father, forgive them, for they don't think it be like it is, but it do."

Seriously?

I played 4 last night before going back to PC, and it didn't drop a single time.

Every game of it that I played this evening, the building went down. (PS3)

Seriously?

You do realize the players make it happen and that it doesn't randomly occur on its own?

Impressions from the one match I played this morning:

-it ran very smoothly, more so than BF3, though this was probably due to the lack of textures on the map

-too soon to tell if the controls are better or worse; probably neither, just different. I did like R2 being the spot button since select always felt kinda awkward to me. I like driving vehicles with the left stick instead of a throttle button. The communications feature is likely worthless as most people don't even respond when you ask for a med pack.

-launchers don't do much damage. Hit a tank 4 times from above with an RPG to disable it.

Impressions from the one match I played this morning:

-it ran very smoothly, more so than BF3, though this was probably due to the lack of textures on the map

-too soon to tell if the controls are better or worse; probably neither, just different. I did like R2 being the spot button since select always felt kinda awkward to me. I like driving vehicles with the left stick instead of a throttle button. The communications feature is likely worthless as most people don't even respond when you ask for a med pack.

-launchers don't do much damage. Hit a tank 4 times from above with an RPG to disable it.

Can you change it to traditional controls? I hate change. Lol

BEARDED, FOR HER PLEASURE

I wasn't impressed with the PS3 version. Couldn't even make it through a game. Froze the very first time I shot, got back on, and it felt like Black Ops 2. Shot people CQC just for them to turn around and kill me in 2-3 bullets. Then if I was shooting someone from a far I would get sniped with 1 bullet. Switch to a sniper to try it out since I was getting 1 hit ALL THE TIME, 2-3 shots to kill for me (I know, I know. Shoot the head. Mmmkay.) Needless to say, went back on GTA V. I'll try again when I feel like it.

I did like the new respawn layout, it will take a bit to get used to, same with kits and all. Graphics looked a tad bit improved, but still looks like BF3. I won't be getting BF4 for PS3. If anything, i'll be on PC since I don't see a PS4 in my near future! 

tumblr_m2ienvKRMM1qfbvj1.gif

Still not had chance to give this a proper run out yet. Managed to get on for about 20 minutes last night and spent most of time chopping and changing the controls to get my head around everything. Did mess about with some of the Levolution features, rasing the bollards on the bridge, opening and closing the shutters in the store near "B".

Also noticed that the TTK was very quick considering it was Core mode and made it feel more like HC, so if this is the case I may just start playing Core again, something which I don't really like that much in BF3. Will need to see how this pans out when the game is released.

Got caught out several times when trying to check the scoreboard and kept bringing up Battlelog, but that isn't really an issue.

Guns didn't feel too bad from what little I played. Won't get another chance until Friday night now as I'm out tonight. Didn't get much chance to mess around in vehicles, but kept getting frustrated because they've changed the exit vehicle button layout. For me, they should keep the same layout as BF3 for MBT's at least.

I wasn't impressed with the PS3 version. Couldn't even make it through a game. Froze the very first time I shot, got back on, and it felt like Black Ops 2. Shot people CQC just for them to turn around and kill me in 2-3 bullets. Then if I was shooting someone from a far I would get sniped with 1 bullet. Switch to a sniper to try it out since I was getting 1 hit ALL THE TIME, 2-3 shots to kill for me (I know, I know. Shoot the head. Mmmkay.) Needless to say, went back on GTA V. I'll try again when I feel like it.

I did like the new respawn layout, it will take a bit to get used to, same with kits and all. Graphics looked a tad bit improved, but still looks like BF4. I won't be getting BF3 for PS3. If anything, i'll be on PC since I don't see a PS4 in my near future! 

This was also my experience last night. It was just weird

I ended up playing minecraft, the whole thing was way to BlOps2 feeling

'And Jesus said, "Father, forgive them, for they don't think it be like it is, but it do."

Ah yes, Betas and the morons that play them. You know, the most watched and monitored games ever, and yet some way, somehow, you'll "find a way to lag".

That's everything that's wrong with gamers nowadays. Sore losers.

banlol.png

I just started on the PC. I am a the bottom end of the recommended configuration. 

It's looks outstanding. The controls and game play are better than I expected (due to my slowness with mouse + KB). 

I've controlled the tank pretty and managed with it. I would have done better if I knew all the controls. It was easy enough.

The was quite a bit of lag and slowness however. I need to determine if it's my system settings or a real problem. If I can get it to perform just a bit better I would go PC and not PS3. I guess another option would be to wait until I get a PS4 (which is not that likely).  I played mostly as an engineer then support. 

Mkay, so on PC, my experience was awesome peppered by lag. My WiFi card is less than adequate at the moment so I'm sure that didn't help. I max the game out easily on ultra with everything turned on at 1080, but the lag is the killer. As stated above, it's to be expected and can be worked around. Battlelog is the worst piece of software ever developed, but I've been chiming that tune forever. The game itself, is brilliant. In the moments between the lagspikes it really is well sorted. The TTK seems significantly lower than BF3, the medkits are smaller, but I found camping to be a major issue. Obviously camping is the easiest tactic hence why it's in the game at the moment, but once people start catching on to it I'm pretty sure that campers will be in many a sniper's scopes. Most obvious is the top of buildings. I went up tons of elevators only to be greeted by some twat sitting on the rooftop prone, with his sights on the lift. I have no doubt that there is a sniper spot somewhere which is yet to be found, and if not, that DICE will implement one, as the campers sitting there are frankly ridiculous. I came out a lift at one point to be greeted by no less than four of them.

I haven't ventured into vehicles yet, I drove an APC for a bit but the lag spikes meant I crashed quite a bit. The handling seemed alright but it needs work. This is most likely a lag issue. 

So far, I give it a 7/10. My feel towards the game is that it has the potential to be a solid 10, but at the moment it's let down by simple flaws and what can only be described as "bitches" - people who camp. 

If DICE manage to sort out the connection issues and give us a way to combat campers, this game ought to be awesome. I can't comment too much on vehicles yet so this score is based on direct combat. 

I have high hopes for this game. 

banlol.png

Running on ultra with no issue. Game is gorgeous. I suck at driving, so I'm gonna need to practice that crap. Seems most of my deaths were due to someone in a tank. I guess I need to stay out of the street.

Moment of glory that made it all worth it? I parachuted down to a lower building and took out two guys while doing it. DEATH FROM ABOVE MOTHERFUCKERS!!!!!!!

There were a couple lag spikes, but nothing I cared about. Mostly I need to remap all the keys to my mouse. I'm okay with WASD movement, but the rest need to change. Especially run. The double-tap thingy doesn't work for me.

Overall, I think think game is gonna be wicked once the full release comes out. If I can have a group of friends that play the same time I do, I will dump ridiculous hours into it.

I played for around 2 hours or so.

So I booted it up...the servers were empty.

Every single one of them.

I decided to join an empty server and wait for people to join, and after 7 minutes of waiting, a guy joined my team.

We pretty much just screwed around waiting for someone else to join. He drew a penis on a wall with bullets.

Good times.

After an unnesecarily long time of no one joining, I got disconnected (thank you, EA servers), and proceeded to join a game of 4 people.

It is much more fast paced and the guns feel more easy to shoot.

This, coupled with the CoD like control scheme, makes one assume that theyre trying to minimize Battlefield's infamous learning curve.

A smart move.

Alas...I only spent 20 minutes of actual fighting in my 2-hour session, the rest was spent waiting in a server for people to join and screwing around while familiarizing myself with everything .

I hope that the servers are more filled now that time has passed.

/This is only my first impressions.

DM9ON.png

Sucks that the beta is over on the 15th..

No joke, I am waiting for a hacked client to come out so we can play again.

I really hope they update Battlefront with this Engine.

//Oh, and give me a Hoth map!

downloaded it last night, right my first impressions:

to be honest it didn't feel that much different from Battlefield 3 but that maybe because i haven't played that much on BF3, I played conquest and 4 games later not one kill, couldn't hit a thing at all, one game i spent being killed in the spawn area by a helicopter hovering over it and i couldn't get away because my team were being killed and were spawned there as well (one of the things i hated about BF3), i changed to domination with no vehicles and i did a bit better and managed 2 kills one was a battle with someone with the knife which surprisingly i won and was rather funny. i didn't manage to finish my last game as it locked my PS3 up and i had to mains reset it. the graphics look pretty good though and the movement seems pretty good too, i did better when i changed my stick layout to crouch on L3 instead of melee (like i use in BO2), i am going to give it another go this weekend and see how i do, maybe it would be better playing with friends than solo.

Wapentake3_zpsadd29acb.jpg

Okay.

The servers were much more active and I proceeded to join a game of Conquest (isnt it weird there isnt a party-up option in the beta? :unsure: ).

It was fun. The TTK was alot shorter and the action arguably more fast paced (I love jumping off of B while singing "Secret Agent Man" :lol:).

I also prefer the new vehicle controls, they're more Halo-like (which, to be frank, is where I used vehicles often).

I was a good 5 minutes into it...

Then my game muted and then froze.

This happened to any match I played. >:|

Its BF3 all over again!

To test out an aching suspicion, I played consecutive rouns of DOM, and sure enough, not a single freeze.

Now that I think of it..BF3 only froze on CO.

So I'm restricted to small map modes on the beta.

Yipee.

Overall...

Fun game when it works properly.

I might get it, but its on the very bottom of the list for me.

Theres just too many good games this year. x)

downloaded it last night, right I played conquest and 4 games later not one kill, couldn't hit a thing at all, one game i spent being killed in the spawn area by a helicopter hovering over it and i couldn't get away because my team were being killed and were spawned there as well (one of the things i hated about BF3),

Sounds like Battlefield, alright!

*laugh track*

DM9ON.png