Helix - Syfy - New Virus, Horror Show

spectre

I have been looking forward to watching this show.  Has anyone seen it yet? From the sound of it, I think it might have that vibe similar to the movie The Thing.

I'm not sure if this link will play them or not, since its blocked at work for me right now.

http://www.sidereel.com/helix/season-1

According to the SyFy Channel press release, "Helix is an intense thriller about a team of scientists from the Centers for Disease Control who travel to a high-tech research facility in the Arctic, Arctic Biosystems, to investigate a possible disease outbreak, only to find themselves pulled into a terrifying life-and-death struggle that may hold the key to mankind’s salvation or total annihilation. However, the lethal threat is just the tip of the iceberg, and as the virus evolves, the chilling truth begins to unravel."

Helix_1386794747_FULL.jpg

Keep calm and question nothing.

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This show is amazing. I have watched the first 3 episodes so far. The outbreak gets worse and worse. The first guy infected was really gross looking with black blood veins and he was crawling through the air systems trying to infect others. The next 3 people that got infected had red eyes when they started to turn. They are manipulative too when trying to infect others. They pretended to be sick and then when the people came to help, they pounced on them and the infection spread. On day 3,  a third of the facility (about 200 people) is infected. They devised a test and sealed off those that tested positive in a lower level, only problem is, one of the main characters who knows she is infected but not having symptoms yet figures out that the test doesn't work.

It's creepy, atmospheric, there is a lot of mystery because it appears one of the doctors made the virus on purpose and is using the outbreak as a test. There is a lot of style going on because the wardrobe is futuristic looking and slick.  The infection came from transgenic experiments with monkeys.  One guy goes out in the cold to set up a satellite comm (and we don't know who he's talking to yet; more mystery) then he finds a whole bunch of monkeys frozen in the snow. Apparently they were trying to run from something.

Watch this show if you haven't already. Damn its good.

The infection seems to have a life cycle of about a day and a half and at the end, the person tries to do mouth to mouth to vomit a bunch of black blood into the other person and they get all wild like 28 days later style zombies. But they retain all their intelligence, so they are very dangerous.  Each episode is 1 day.

Keep calm and question nothing.